Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help NEWBIE: Buying Class A Coach

Lovemealouis
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RVing Experts:

My husband and I are in the market for a class A. We started 5 years ago with an Avenger travel trailer and then upgraded to a 39’ Grand Design Solitude. Our glamping started as a few weeks, to a few months in the 5th wheel and now we can see ourselves spending more time glamping.

We recently test drove a 2020 Tiffin Allegro Red 37 PA. We are looking for something 39-41’ as our favorite campground won’t allow bigger than 43’. I have had multiple spine and brain surgeries and this Tiffin Red was WAY too bouncy for me with the Freightliner Chassis. Our budget is 200-300k. We plan to stay in this class A for a while. Living in it up to 6 months a year. I need the smoothest ride possible. Reason we are upgrading is storage room and my husband gets fatigued pulling the 5th wheel. Our trips are now 2-3 months at a time.

I would love your thoughts on which coach (chassis)
has the smoothest ride for our budget. We don’t mind used as long as it is low miles and in great condition. We are test driving the Allegro Bus today.

Our biggest priorities are:
About 40’
Smoothest ride out there.
Diesel.
Storage (we like the taller storage with slides).
Windows must slide open (we hate windows in solitude which rules out newmar - so sad). Getting fresh air flowing through coach is very important.

We had a sales guy 2 days ago who knew nothing about coaches and the various brands.

Hope someone in this amazing community has some done some research that can

Lori - Mike
Sacramento
2017 - 5th Wheel Grand Design Solitude, 39’ Rear Living
2017 - Dodge 2500 Ram Mega Cab - cummins 370 (I think)
Three doodle furfriends!
Empty Nesters
3 REPLIES 3

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look for a well maintained used one. No use facing the problems of a new one not to mention the depreciation you get the minute you drive it off the lot.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.prevostrvforsale.com/category/united-states/california/

Don't think you can open most of the windows but the best ride and within your $$$$

MrWizard
Do you mean rough ride feel the bumps

Two words .... AIR SUSPENSION

and when you do the test drive
Adjust the suspension to suit your comfort level
Also remember, you are test driving an empty coach which will always be stiffer than a loaded coach and will feel more road bumpy
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s