cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has the extreme cold weather affected you?

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Pennsylvania has been very cold. In fact to cold to go camping. Last winter was a good year to winter camping.I am glad that I keep my little Motor Home in a garage. Maybe in March the weather will get better. I hope all is well and can't wait for spring to come. Stay warm
We don't travel as much as we use to. I guess we are getting old.I want to go out west one more time.
23 REPLIES 23

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
Same HERE and a warm one at that.

Heated Garage, Ron, That is SO You! Probably warmer than our drafty FL house...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Big Redneck wrote:
....I am glad that I keep my little Motor Home in a garage.
Same HERE and a warm one at that.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes that sure was a rough late December and early January. We just hunkered down, read some books and watched a little garbage TV. We had a contest to see who could make the best leftover meal. Not unlike camping I'd say. Checked out the RV today and ran the generator for a while. All seems fine. Supposed to hit 50 tomorrow, here near Providence RI, we are planning to go for a walk on the beach in Melville RI. Hunt for some sea glass. Spring training is right around the corner!!
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Late December was rough. Been a while since I've had a hard December, got spoiled.

January is a welcome change. Sure it's still cold out but the heavy snow has backed off and there's even been several days of sun in a row.

Really wanted to take the RV out this weekend but there's too much snow in the way still, I'd never get back in my driveway after leaving.

Only time I go north of the bridge is in the summer to fish. December was tough and do had the first part of January been tough too.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

shirleyj62
Explorer
Explorer
We leave the Midwest and head south along the Gulf Coast. It's been an extremely cold December and January so far. We've had at least 2 weeks of hard freezing down here all together.

Fortunately the only thing that froze was our black flush. It's totally unusable as when we use it water pours out of the MH and soaks the bathroom and bedroom. We learned the the hard way after the first cold snap. Will have to have dealer look at it when we get back as it appears all the plumbing for it is in the walls.
Shirley, David and Lady

2017 Sunseeker 3010 DS
2010 Toyota Yaris (toad)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
When temps got to about 20 degrees (F), here in Indiana, we finally moved back into the house. It seems we did that much earlier this year than most years. It seems we've been in the negative zero degree weather for weeks and weeks and weeks now. The camper sits in our drive way. I can see it from any window in the house, watching the snow and ice pile up, melt a bit, and then pile on again. I do occasionally go inside (slides retracted) to fetch flashlight batteries, or the spaghetti claw (which somehow got lost in the house, thanks to my delightful 4 year old grandson), so I do have occasion to go inside, smell a hint of last years camp smoke, and yearn for when we can move back in.

Call it homesickness at home. Yea, it's affected us! Actually, we need our privacy back. With our 32 year old son and 4 year old grandson living with us, grandma and grandpa need some true (alone) time together again! And it just ain't going to happen in a motel! Yuck!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Late December was rough. Been a while since I've had a hard December, got spoiled.

January is a welcome change. Sure it's still cold out but the heavy snow has backed off and there's even been several days of sun in a row.

Really wanted to take the RV out this weekend but there's too much snow in the way still, I'd never get back in my driveway after leaving.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
70's during the day and 50's at night so I would have to say no. There was a time when the Coleman pop-up went to the Grand Canyon on Thanksgiving and we were snowed in a few times. Having spent half my time in New Jersey and upstate New York the cold doesn't bother or frighten me. -20 in Marathon N.Y.working on big rigs in the snow , now that was cold. We used road flares to thaw out air tanks to release the brakes.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
It's impacted both my wife and I. We are crabby, she has a cold and we yearn for a warmer place to roost this time of year. next year we won't be here dealing with the frozen tundra. Bank on that.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB