cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anyone purchased a Rialta from Poptop Heaven..

evagoblog
Explorer
Explorer
in Yucaipa? I have spent months and months researching, and other than the older Roadtrek models with the aisle shower (can't seem to find this model that is larger and has two beds for sale) this is the only model that has exactly what I want, bed in front, back, no poptop, a bathroom, but sigh, no outdoor kitchen, guess they don't exist in Class B's that are not conversions.

I read Yelp, the reviews for them, are divided EXTREMELY either one or five star reviews, nothing in between and not many, as for the one star ones, they DO respond, and it seems like their responses are reasonable and believable as well as their responses to their two BBB complaints. One positive review was from a person that didn't buy but liked the buying experience when he went to look.

I want to buy the Rialta but as they no longer made, so for me, it needs to be professionally reconditioned and certified like new, and as far as my research goes, this is it (and they are half the price of other Class B that does NOT have what I want like the slideout bathroom) and can't find any other company that does that.

I know that people tend to post reviews if they are happy vs. unhappy but if there are enough people on forums like this who HAVE bought from them and HAVE had positive experiences I will believe them and Pop Top's responses to criticisms and go ahead and purchase from them.
4 REPLIES 4

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
24 Rialta pages in the archives.
Rialta

Headroom is pretty low, some years had lots of rearend failures, and very underpowered. Parts can be hard if not impossible to find, and expensive.
You will pay through the nose for repairs if you can even find someone to work on it.
In other words a โ€œmoney pitโ€.
Buy an older Roadtrek, PeasureWay, or a small Class C, which is what the Rialta is.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
evagoblog wrote:
I am willing to pay a premium to pay for a renovated, certified model vs. buying it more cheaply from a private party.

That "certified" means nothing

evagoblog
Explorer
Explorer
I will join some Rialta groups and see how easy it is to get repaired, it doesn't matter who is in my area as I won't be there as I will be traveling but that is the reason I am willing to pay a premium to pay for a renovated, certified model vs. buying it more cheaply from a private party.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not to pick nits, but the Rialta is a class C, not a B. I had a 1998 Rialta with the twin bed option (FD version). Iโ€™m not sure what you mean by foldable bathroom, but the Rialta bathroom slides out and to me was a real PIA. But you may have different opinion. No clue on your dealer. I would ask who in the area will work on it. None of the three VW dealers in my area (at the time) would touch it. I had to take it to a independent shop and they did good work.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT