cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fuel filter location on a 2000 Ford E-450

classctioga73
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have an idea where the fuel filter would be located on my RV?

I have a 2000 Fleetwood Tioga 31w on a Ford E450 V10.
can someone send me a picture or video or a link of where to look for the fuel filter please.
9 REPLIES 9

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a couple video's
Could not find a good vid of where the filter is but there are good discriptions above.
Tool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA1iW6Jd65U

Make your own tool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkZRSMGqQ0E

LEN

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
RedRollingRoadblock wrote:

1...Mine had a two filters listed for it, one was shorter and fatter, other longer and skinnier.

2...My NAPA filter came with a wrench to release the filter.

3...Knife sharp too.

4...Golf tee in the line when you disconnect

1. One of those Short Fat ones will let you install but NOT remove with a disconnect tool!!! See my pic in the thread. It's from an earlier version of disconnects and later disco's won't fit.

2. That's NICE

3. Wasn't kidding about Band-Aids!

4. I do that a lot on my projects. Just be careful on this one, since there's an O-Ring in the Connector.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my '07 E-450 it had sat for several days before I changed it and didn't have much trouble. Mine had a two filters listed for it, one was shorter and fatter, other longer and skinnier. My NAPPA filter came with a wrench to release the filter.

Mine was inside the left frame rail and had some shielding around it and kinda hard to work around. Knife sharp too.

Golf tee in the line when you disconnect it is supposed to help the fuel drain running down your arms.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
FYI - our 2003 E450 uses a Ford Motorcraft FG986B fuel filter. As mentioned already, it's located on the frame rail on the driver's side.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
I started This E450 Fuel Filter Thread a few years ago. Still on the rv.net server, but couldn't find in archive search. g00gle brought it right up. The "How" is at the beginning, then some cautions about what happens if the wrong filter is installed (works but can't remove next time...).

Anyhow, a Filter, Safety Glasses (for fuel drips), 5/16 disconnect tool and you've got it covered. I don't think the disconnected line from the tank to the filter, can siphon the tank. The in-tank pump is a vane type and has to be spinning for gas to get through. Still, a catch pan and some caution can't hurt.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Before you try to disassemble the filter, you're supposed to remove the fuse that powers the fuel pump and run the engine until it runs out of gas and then dies. I did all that and when I loosened the filter all kinds of gas poured any way. Good luck and be prepared.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
wlstroud wrote:
Check the in driver's side main frame channel toward the motor.

And mine takes special filter wrenches to remove. Ten or 12 bucks to get fitting loose. Have yet to change mine without getting gas on me. Also good time to test psi pressure after changing. 10 min job after you do it first time
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

wlstroud
Explorer
Explorer
Check the in driver's side main frame channel toward the motor.
Larry (WB4WSA) and Sheila
2006 Ford F350, CC, XLT Dually 6.0 PSD
2006 Keystone Copper Canyon 339FWTSLS FW
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 25KS TT

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
most are on the inside of the frame rail...