Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh water tank location in 1999 Windsor class A motorhome

Meta_A
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I hope this is where I can post this question.
I just filled the fresh water tank on this motorhome I just bought. From my estimation it held a good 70 gallons if not more.
However I for the life of me can not find this huge tank as to its location.
I can't wrap my head around it as to exactly where this beast is.
Yes I have the manual. It only has a diagram which means nothing. It does not show exactly where it is located. It just shows the typical basic design of the system.

The rig is a good 30 feet long. I wonder if anyone else has this motorhome and might know where the fresh water tank maybe. I have called around and no luck.

Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is no way to fill the fresh water tank on my Monaco Windsor other than hook a hose to the fill valve location in the wet bay. Also no door with a lock etc.

Glad to see you back in here Dennis--was wondering about you.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok on MOST (Alas not all) motor home look for a square door about on 6-8" square with rounded corners and a lock... Open them and look

Under one of them will be a white plastic cap and often a small vent hole near it.

That's the gravity feed to the fresh water tank (Cap is about 1 inch ID or 1.5 OD)

Follow the hose down to the tank.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Simplest way is to go to the fill valve and follow the tube to the tank....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
So far you have got no information as to your question. I have a Monaco Windsor if thats the Windsor you are referring to and the fresh tank is behind the area where the dump valves are for the grey and black tanks. The bottom of this unit is completely sealed so you can't see by looking under it from underneath. The motor is under the bed!

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look under the bed.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Bruce_Brown
Is it a gas or diesel? What floorplan?

If it's a diesel it's behind the peg board in the compartment by the back wheel. You can normally see it from the fill side if you duck down and look behind the panel.

If it's a gasser it should be in the back somewhere.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
so get on the ground and crawl under the rig bet its there.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
As much as I hate to send folks to different forums! It may benefit you to try irv2. Due to the age of your unit you should find some good information there. Go to owners forums then to Monaco.

Other than just wanting to know was there are reason why you needed tank location. Designer's are really crafty on how they put things between frame work. Figure the fuel tank, fresh water, grey water, black water. all have large tanks that have to be placed between the frame work.

Good Luck safe travels
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
While this form is called helping support, it's misleading. It is for technical support regarding the form itself. You need to look under the various. Forms available and choose motor homes.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."