cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freightliner customer service

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Getting an oil change at Freightliner in Medford Oregon. This morning our appointment was 8. They told us we had to leave the rig at 5 because of the COVID it had to sit 3 hours. Anyway, we did leave and itโ€™s now 9 and they havenโ€™t even moved it yet. This is crazy.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
18 REPLIES 18

Star_Gazer
Explorer
Explorer
My Allison transmission service center had me set for 8am. I was there and waited in the RV until 4pm, finally got out about 7pm. We are not high on the priority list, at least until time to pay. In their defense, they had a rig in the bay with the pit that was waiting on a part and it could not move. Finally decided to put me in a bay with out pit and do it on the ground. Chit happens so I dealt with it. My Freightliner dealer gave me an evening appointment which I like better, in at 5pm and out about 8-9pm and don't feel as much like I am in the way.
2008 Phaeton 36QSH
2015 Ford Transit 250
2006 17' Casita FD (mobile observatory)

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
I totally understand your problem with Freightliner. They have had this service problem before the covid issue. Dealers have told me corporate wants them to consider everyone on a first come first service basis regardless of appointments that is why there is a line up in the morning. It is best to find a dealer that will honor your appointment time. What I do is call my dealer for a 7:00am appointment,show up the night before,and camp in their lot. I never had to wait over an hour. The dealer i use is River States Freightliner which has 3 stores in Wisconsin.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
The Freightliner dealers in my area don't make appointments. So I call the day prior to see if they will be busy...."no, bring it out." So I did, fuel filter change, got there at 8 AM left at 4:45. Happens routinely, and they don't seem to care.
2014 American Eagle

H___E
Explorer
Explorer
I have been to two Freightliner dealers. I will never go to another one.

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
I had an opposite experience with my local Freightliner service shop. I expected to be treated like a leper being an RV not an OTR rig, and they took it in without an appointment to fix engine light and warned me it would be at least 3 days before they got to it. Called me early next morning and told it me it was done, they updated firmware and there was no charge since it was under warranty. Very nice folks. This was in Levittown, PA north of Philadelphia. Service was so good, I sent note to Freightliner.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Try Speedco. I used them once on an extended trip an was very happy with the service.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Freightliner is primarily interested oer the road freightlienr trucks, and high bills and quick pay they generate.
They will bring in an over the road truck and scoot you back. Sometimes they say well the driver and trucking company's income depend on it getting back on the road as quick as we can.
The Mgr and all the other people were very helpful. But I would take in someone who has an emergency need first too.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I go to Gaffney. THey take the coach in a few minutes after 08:00 the day of your appointment and usually have it back to you early afternoon. Been like that for 7 years now
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I see nothing unusual here, covid or not. Every time I take my RV in for service they tell me a time, and then it sits there for at least a few hours. It's just the way most of these places work.
Believe me, they'll find some reason why it "just isn't going to be ready today".

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
so how,d it turn out???

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Go lay down for a nap, they will wake you up soon. Or start lunch, that should work also.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Maybe take it to a less responsible place? One that doesn't care to wipe down everything they touch.

x2 Sound like they are trying to keep everybody safe -
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would be going in and asking them how much longer it's going to be before they get to it. Since you've been up since before 5am. I'd tell them I need a nap.:)
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

path1
Explorer
Explorer
How about prepping for a colonoscopy and the doctor gets delayed by protesters on the freeway and has to cancel out his first three patients and you're one of those patients.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"