cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Folding front bumper step

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Cannot reach all of front window to wipe and thought maybe a folding front bumper step would help. Has anyone done this and found a front bumper step for the E450 Rv. Thanks
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
5 REPLIES 5

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had that fold down step on an old Hi top van (Class B) but I find it easier and cheaper to just use a telescoping pole to clean the windows.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobndot wrote:
IM not too sure if the reach is doable using the step.
I bought an extension telescoping handle brush to clean it.
Then dry it using the 'Absorber' towel .

ABSORBOR Towel : you use and store the Absorber damp, inside its plastic tube. It works GREAT on glass. All I need to do is throw it onto the windshield then drag it across the glass. It dries the clean glass in one swipe.
Its like magic . u can get it online or at Wally. Don't buy a knockoff store brand. Get the larger Absorber, 27x17, it reaches across half the windshield. I use it to wipe down the shower too. Really makes life easy.

I do the same regarding no need for a step - just use an extension windshield cleaning tool. The same tool can be used for walking around the RV and cleaning the outside of all windows.

This link shows a model real close to what I use. There's no need to wipe the windshield with a cloth after cleaning it with the window cleaner sponge part (dipped into a water plus soap mix right at the gas station) - then just flip the tool over to use the squeegee part for streak-free glass. I store the tool right beside the driver's seat wedged in between the seat and outside wall in our Class C's Ford E450 cab:
www.walmart.com/ip/Mallory-8-Car-Window-Windshield-Squeegee-Head-with-20-Handle-2-sided-window-clean...
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
2X on the Hitchmate Tirestep. On suggestions by the folks here I bought one 3 years ago. Folds up nicely and I can reach the whole windshield on my E450.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having the same problem I looked at all the options and settled on a Tire Step it is adjustable and folds up for storage in its own bag.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
IM not too sure if the reach is doable using the step.
I bought an extension telescoping handle brush to clean it.
Then dry it using the 'Absorber' towel .

ABSORBOR Towel : you use and store the Absorber damp, inside its plastic tube. It works GREAT on glass. All I need to do is throw it onto the windshield then drag it across the glass. It dries the clean glass in one swipe.
Its like magic . u can get it online or at Wally. Don't buy a knockoff store brand. Get the larger Absorber, 27x17, it reaches across half the windshield. I use it to wipe down the shower too. Really makes life easy.