cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Foggy windows help please

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
So this Fleetwood expedition that I'm look at most the windows are fogging upI cant remember if there was a fix for that or not? If so what is the fix and who can I contact for that information? Other then these windows in about to make a offer. I appreciate any and all feed back.
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad
36 REPLIES 36

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
The best thing to do is replace the dual pane windows that will always leak given enough time with single pane. There are single pane windows that are thicker then normal and have a similar R factor of dual pane. Obviously with single pane you never have to worry about them leaking. The price is about the same as having your dual panes resealed. Funny how we think dual panes in an RV are a big deal........yet we have this huge front widow(windshiel) that is about the size of all the other windows combined and that windshield is NOT dual pane. Save the money and hassle and replace with thicker single pane.

Racklefratz
Explorer II
Explorer II
rr2254545 wrote:
Have to have them when you camp in cold weather like we do

Yes, quality dual-pane windows can be very nice.

But the dirty little secret is that, in the RV industry, a lot of dual pane windows are sub-standard, as are many other components used by RV OEMs; they're prone to problems.

The problem usually manifests itself as fogging betweeen the panes, caused by poor quality seals, and it's not at all uncommon. The Tiffin Class A we bought used had a fogging problem in the passenger side front window when we bought it. We went to the factory service center, which recognized the problem as common, and had it replaced with a single pane assembly they had readily available.
2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP (All Electric)

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
:B

Want to come over and give me a hand?

That would be fun, and would love to but got some other obligations hanging over me right now. Thanks for the invite and love to the family.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Bruce_Brown

Want to come over and give me a hand?
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
I started the first window today, I'd gladly pay someone $130 to to do them!

Hang in there my friend! I know you do good work!

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Bruce_Brown
I started the first window today, I'd gladly pay someone $130 to to do them!
Bruce & Jill Brown

Bruce_Brown
David0725 wrote:
Thank you everyone.we found sonmone to cone to the house fir $130 per window.

That's reasonable! For that $$$ I'd have them do it too.

In our case, I ordered the stuff yesterday and I'm going to give it a shot. Worst case I screw it up so bad we'll have to buy a new window. :B

Best case I get them done without too many headaches.
Bruce & Jill Brown

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you everyone.we found sonmone to cone to the house fir $130 per window.
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Do not, under any circumstances, use The Auto Glass Boss, 9417 E. Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85207. We paid $600 to have three half glass windows, that were compromised, repaired. One window was okay, one was compromised in a few weeks and is still full of water between the lenses and the other leaks water every time it rains.
2014 American Eagle

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
Use a mixture of 30% vinegar, 30% Dawn dishwashing soap, and 40% water in a spray bottle. Get a roll of paper towns and start spraying. Allow to soak for a couple minutes, scrub with a rough sponge, and wipe off with the towels.
Repeat as required. It could take 5-10 times.
I had the foggiest windows ever, all it took was some elbow grease with the correct cleaner.
Why spend huge money to replace windows? Glass itself does not fog.

Bruce_Brown
grldst wrote:
If your are a do it yourselfer, there is a kit available online that works very well. Kit includes everything you need to do a window for 120.00. Also has a video with good clear instructions. If you have more then one window, addition supplies can be ordered for around 60.00 per window.

I looked at this route. I also found where you can buy it in larger quantities for a lot less $$$. (One place was $7.80/ft, the other is closer to $1.00/foot for what appears to be the same stuff)

I'm about ready to get the stuff coming and tackle the job myself.

Here is a great video on repairing them, in the video are part numbers for the stuff needed.

Foggy Window Repair

We had considered Sun Coast last time we were in Florida, we simply ran out of time.

We had a quote from them that was reasonable IMO. If we had another week down there we most likely would have gone that route.

As it is now the MH is in the garage and there is no snow on the ground to snowmobile, I might as well fix some windows!
Bruce & Jill Brown

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
David0725 wrote:
So this Fleetwood expedition that I'm look at most the windows are fogging upI cant remember if there was a fix for that or not? If so what is the fix and who can I contact for that information? Other then these windows in about to make a offer. I appreciate any and all feed back.

Sun Coast Designers in Hudson,FL does the repair and provides a lifetime warranty. It's about $300 per window. I have had 3 done there. Very professional and good work. Here's their website: Sun Coast website
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
darren thomas of sebring done my rear window and 2 big windows by the dinette with thier pateneded windows to the tune of about 2500.00 , absolutely love them lifetime guarantee. on 2005 national dolphin.

when i say rear window i am talking about the big picture window on the rear of mh.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
If I had it all over to do again, I would not have gotten the dual pane windows.
a smart decision IMHO
bumpy

Have to have them when you camp in cold weather like we do
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
If I had it all over to do again, I would not have gotten the dual pane windows.
a smart decision IMHO
bumpy