Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood Jack Failure

Jack_Pine
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Fleetwood Excursion 35B Power Gear Jacks

Went to put down jacks, did not seem like they were working. Went out and looked under coach and all the jack fluid was on the ground. Don't know if motor failed or hose. Jacks remained up.

Was going to drive it to FL and take it to dealer I bought from for some other issues. Jacks are up.

Two questions:
Is it ok to drive it like this and get it when I get there? Obviously would not use jacks.

Can I bypass the alarm that goes off as soon as I put in drive/release the break

Thanks
2004 F350 CC PSD 4*4
Keystone Hornet 2009 31RLDS
2001 Starcraft PU
Cabin in West Central Wisconsin
11 REPLIES 11

Jack_Pine
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, filled the reservoir and the alarm went off as suggested....thx.
2004 F350 CC PSD 4*4
2001 Starcraft PU

Jack_Pine
Explorer
Explorer
Jacks seemed to "try" to go down and dumped the fluid. When I looked they were up (with springs) I plan to look at the hose end if I can get under there. It seems to be the jack closest to the reservoir that "blew".
2004 F350 CC PSD 4*4
2001 Starcraft PU

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am not familiar with power jacks, HWH jacks on my MH have a spring to return and hold them in the stored position. Some jacks use hydraulics's to return jacks to the stored position. Do you have the spring return? Being you have a fairly new MH it could be just a lose fitting on the end of your hose that needs to be tightened. I would check that first before you drive to Florida. I have had to tighten 2 hose ends due to leaks over the years and replace one due to the line chaffing against the frame. The line was about $100 and a fairly easy job to replace. When you saw the puddle of hyd fluid were the jacks down or in the stored position?

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years, I've had to replace two of the 4 hydraulic hoses. One was 8 ft long, the other 32 ft long. Did it myself. brought the hoses to a hydraulic shop, new hoses and fittings in 10 minits, reasonable prices.
8 ft hose had a pin hole from "something" the other hose had a chafe (rubbing on frame) that wore thru (after 15 years).

FWIW

Jack_Pine
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Leesburg. Dealer is in Port St. Lucci.
2004 F350 CC PSD 4*4
2001 Starcraft PU

Jack_Pine
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, the slides work. Looked it up, they are electric, thankfully.
2004 F350 CC PSD 4*4
2001 Starcraft PU

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Jack_Pine wrote:
2016 Fleetwood Excursion 35B Power Gear Jacks

Went to put down jacks, did not seem like they were working. Went out and looked under coach and all the jack fluid was on the ground. Don't know if motor failed or hose. Jacks remained up.

Was going to drive it to FL and take it to dealer I bought from for some other issues. Jacks are up.

Two questions:
Is it ok to drive it like this and get it when I get there? Obviously would not use jacks.

Can I bypass the alarm that goes off as soon as I put in drive/release the break

Thanks

You should be fine with the jacks up.
If oil is in the vicinity of the reservoir, you should be able to see something there, with all the solenoids and hoses passing oil. Be sure that the reservoir cap is intact, just for druthers.
Try pulling all the connectors apart while in there for shutting down the alarm and with that slides should still work if reasonably level.
You might also try filling the tank with Dextron III or IV for shutting down the alarm. Just don't be using the jacks, except for maybe locating the leak and just for what it takes. Then refill with jacks up, of course and hopefully someone didn't fill it with the jacks down. History is always important for troubleshooting.
Where in Florida?
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Jack_Pine
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, the slides work. Looked it up, they are electric, thankfully.
2004 F350 CC PSD 4*4
2001 Starcraft PU

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You need to locate your model, then go to Lippert for manual if you do not have them. Many places can make a hose.
Power Gear

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Jack_Pine
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
If the rig has slides they may not work.
If jacks are up, you should be OK. Should be able to pull the fuse for the jacks to kill alarm.
Bet it is a hose!

I think it is a hose as well.

It does have slide. On electric and one hyd.

Now I need to find the fuse for the Jack panel........
2004 F350 CC PSD 4*4
2001 Starcraft PU

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If the rig has slides they may not work.
If jacks are up, you should be OK. Should be able to pull the fuse for the jacks to kill alarm.
Bet it is a hose!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker