Explorer
Where is the best place to place my EZPASS in my Class C
Retired and enjoying life
19 REPLIES 19

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
I've had a lot of problems with mine NOT being read, or only being read intermittently, I heard that the overhead may be interfering with it, so I tried just holding it toward the bottom of the windshield, once even held it out the window,still only worked "sometimes", so when we just returned from our New England trip, I exchanged it for a "bumper mount", it actually mounts at the bottom of your license plate, (if you have one on the front).

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/18 04:51am Link | Quote | Edit | Print | Notify Moderator
When i went to get mine, they gave me one that attaches to the front license plate mount. On my ford E450, the mounting holes for the plate are on the bottom of the mount, so thats where i put the EZ Pass gizmo. But first trip out i realized, some toll booths the pass would work and others it wouldnt. I finally read on the EZ Pass website that the gizmo had to be so many inches from the ground. I drilled some holes in the license plate mount at the top and mounted the gizmo there and have not had any problems
Proud father of a US Marine

paynejr
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted it as low as I could center of the windshield, I worked fine in the NY Thireay, Jersey Turnpike, Delaware Memorial Bridge and rout 1

Thanks for all the posts
Retired and enjoying life

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
DrewE wrote:
pnichols wrote:
paynejr wrote:

... in one of those flat plastic document holders that you attach right onto the driver's side windshield visor.

I just reach up, turn the visor downward and open the holder, and pull out the EZPASS from the pocket in the holder, then ... hand it out the driver's side window or jump out and carrry it into the registration building.

I also carry a lot of other flat things in this visor folder for quick access. ๐Ÿ™‚

I get the distinct feeling you don't really grasp what an EZPASS is...assuming the whole post isn't covered by the ๐Ÿ™‚ (which maybe should have been a ๐Ÿ˜› )

It's not a flat document, but rather an RFID transponder unit, around the size and shape of a deck of cards, and it doesn't get handed to anybody or carried into the office, but rather is read as you drive through a toll booth.

Right you are!

I thought the OP was inquiring about where to handily carry their National Park senior citizens pass ... which various folks seem to call a bunch of different names. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
paynejr wrote:

... in one of those flat plastic document holders that you attach right onto the driver's side windshield visor.

I just reach up, turn the visor downward and open the holder, and pull out the EZPASS from the pocket in the holder, then ... hand it out the driver's side window or jump out and carrry it into the registration building.

I also carry a lot of other flat things in this visor folder for quick access. ๐Ÿ™‚

I get the distinct feeling you don't really grasp what an EZPASS is...assuming the whole post isn't covered by the ๐Ÿ™‚ (which maybe should have been a ๐Ÿ˜› )

It's not a flat document, but rather an RFID transponder unit, around the size and shape of a deck of cards, and it doesn't get handed to anybody or carried into the office, but rather is read as you drive through a toll booth.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
paynejr wrote:

2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've had a lot of problems with mine NOT being read, or only being read intermittently, I heard that the overhead may be interfering with it, so I tried just holding it toward the bottom of the windshield, once even held it out the window,still only worked "sometimes", so when we just returned from our New England trip, I exchanged it for a "bumper mount", it actually mounts at the bottom of your license plate, (if you have one on the front).
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Robocop wrote:
eieioh wrote:
The instructions I received with mine stated that with class c's it should be placed in the lower left corner of the windshield.
Been there, done that, without good results. I have moved mine too many times and just let the toll gods do whatever they do.

These days they will just send you a bill in the mail if your EZPass doesn't register. I am pretty sure you don't get a ticket (infraction) anymore like the old days. It does cost a little more.

Robocop
Explorer
Explorer
eieioh wrote:
The instructions I received with mine stated that with class c's it should be placed in the lower left corner of the windshield.
Been there, done that, without good results. I have moved mine too many times and just let the toll gods do whatever they do.
Scott

2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V toad

"Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes."
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I called EZPASS Ma. Customer service and was told to mount it at the center bottom of the inside of the windshield using the sticky velcro strips they provided. Seems to work fine.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If all else fails mount it on a selfie-stick and hang it out the window. :B

fireflock
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't mount mine. I just put it on the dash when I'm on a toll road.

I put in in the middle of the dash, far forward, right up against the windshield.

I haven't had any problems with reading.

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is behind the mirror on the windshield and have never had a problem registering on any toll road.

eieioh
Explorer
Explorer

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
We are not always traveling on toll roads, so I just pull the EZPass out of the glove compartment and put it on the dashboard before a trip if needed. Doesn't matter if it is upside down, front or back. If you put it on the center of the dashboard at the base of the windshield, that is pretty far forward.