cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entegra warranty Are you kidding me/

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2020 Entegra emblem last week. during walk through noted a couple of small to medium places on floor where linoleum has "bubbled" from glue failure.

Next day went to service dept to arrange for warranty repair. First was told they were booked till mid August. With covid etc understandable.

Then was told the following: When you show up for appointment you just meet with a service adviser who verifies need for repair. The warranty claim is then forwarded to Entegra where it takes 1 to 2 months to get approval. WHAT???? Then you are given another appointment where your coach is put into cue and will be looked at in 2 or 3 days.

Was then asked for description of problem and when I advised loose linoleum was told that was another problem in that it entails 40 to 60 hours labor and that may take even longer to approve.

If this is true about Entegra warranty work, I have made a huge mistake.
2020 Integra 36U
can am spyder or can am commander
BE PREPARED- NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT.
23 REPLIES 23

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
MRUSA wrote:
dougrainer wrote:

PS, This was years before Thor thought about buying Jayco.
One of the things that I thought was crazy---they installed the slide out controls and switches IN THE CENTER BATH. HOW COULD YOU OBSERVE THE OPERATION OF THE SLIDE ROOMS WHEN ACTIVATING?

BECAUSE ENTEGRA DP COACHES ALL COME WITH A HAND HELD REMOTE THAT CAN ACTIVATE THE SLIDE OUTS FROM ANYWHERE IN THE COACH OR EVEN FROM OUTSIDE THE COACH.

NOW they do. Not previous years when they started building them. I was just pointing out how dumb some of their designs were. IF previous models had a handheld remote, NONE of the customers that came in for service had them available. Since we did not sell them, I can only operate with what the customers leave out on display. Doug

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:

One of the things that I thought was crazy---they installed the slide out controls and switches IN THE CENTER BATH. HOW COULD YOU OBSERVE THE OPERATION OF THE SLIDE ROOMS WHEN ACTIVATING?

BECAUSE ENTEGRA DP COACHES ALL COME WITH A HAND HELD REMOTE THAT CAN ACTIVATE THE SLIDE OUTS FROM ANYWHERE IN THE COACH OR EVEN FROM OUTSIDE THE COACH.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to their reality. "We have more money and lawyers than you do."
If you can get your contract cancelled. Call a Lawyer ASAP.
You will never be happy with one of the Monday morning units.
it is unfortunate you are having to deal with this.
Their QC at the plant should have caught it and probably did but said let the Dealer fix it and who knows what else.
Don't anyone accept walk though it put it on a list and we will fix i when you bring it back in, Go ahead ad take it for a weekend or whatever and bring it and the list to us.
The desire to first timers, especially, so strong they ignore warning signs and trust that nice salesman, sales manger.
You never hear this from A Mercedes Dealer or didn't use to or a Ferrari or a number of other brands of cars. Their reputation their sales re at stake. Hedge Funds etc who have no intent of holding and making legacy company and the new China Global Trade Consumerism say quality and service don't make money, and maximizing profitability, know it will over time destroy the brand but...they would have mede their margin and taken the equity and sell of the scraps to someone else.
No way in anyone's lexicon would say what they are doing is fair or equitable. The basis of law is getting what you were told you were buying and defective merchandise and deceptive warranty was not on the sticker!
it is not your problem that whatever problems they have in producing a unit, falls on the shoulders of the Customer.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
OP - Do you know for sure the floor is glued? I thought typically they are only fastened around the edges. That's how my ORV was built, supposedly to reduce cracking from temperature changes. If your was installed this way, the bubbles may go away on their own, as the decking used ages and stops off-gassing.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
way2roll wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Ro"n"Joe wrote:
The original Entegra DPs (Aspires, Anthems, Cornerstones) are quality products. Since Thor purchase, not sure about the "newer" lower end units. Are they dressed up Thor units with the Entegra sticker?

I don't understand the logic of people that think this. Thor Purchased Jayco. That's all Thor does. They are a Holding company. They find what they consider Good RV related companies and buy them. They do NOT change the production or sub Culture of the companies they buy. The reason they bought them is because of the management. They are NOT interested in turning around poor run companies. Doug (works for a Jayco and Airstream dealer(Thor owned also) as a Service tech)

While I agree with most of your posts, I have to disagree on this one. Since Thor's purchase of Entegra they are producing an entry level gasser that is a far cry from the higher end products Entegra is known for.

Yes, they are producing a less expensive Class A. They also came out with a better designed Class C that is a grade above the Jayco Notorized Class C. HOW does that translate into a BAD product. They are just trying to get a broad spectrum on the Motorized market. BTW, that entry level was thought up and in design before Thor purchased Jayco. We do not sell Entegra and My view of the Entegra line is it is NOT a Motorhome on par with other similiar priced Motorhomes. I have had to work on some Entegra because the Local area dealer for them had such bad service the customers refused to go back to that selling dealer. Doug

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
dougrainer wrote:
Ro"n"Joe wrote:
The original Entegra DPs (Aspires, Anthems, Cornerstones) are quality products. Since Thor purchase, not sure about the "newer" lower end units. Are they dressed up Thor units with the Entegra sticker?

I don't understand the logic of people that think this. Thor Purchased Jayco. That's all Thor does. They are a Holding company. They find what they consider Good RV related companies and buy them. They do NOT change the production or sub Culture of the companies they buy. The reason they bought them is because of the management. They are NOT interested in turning around poor run companies. Doug (works for a Jayco and Airstream dealer(Thor owned also) as a Service tech)

While I agree with most of your posts, I have to disagree on this one. Since Thor's purchase of Entegra they are producing an entry level gasser that is a far cry from the higher end products Entegra is known for.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Ro"n"Joe wrote:

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
wowens79 wrote:
Check with your state, you may have a 7 day backout period where you can return the unit. If they think they will have to undo the sale, I bet it will get the problem solved quickly.

Please quote Georgia law or any State law that has a Back Out period for new RV or Auto sales. A LOT of people think there is such a law. There is not unless you can quote the specific law. MOST Laws, once you leave the lot, you own it. A good Dealer will sometimes allow a return if it has a few miles and the Title paperwork/Registration has not happened yet. Once the Title work is processed, you are stuck. Carmax got crossways with Texas 25 years ago when they had a 20 day return the used Car with complete refund. Texas reminded Carmax that State law required Registration MUST be started within 10 days of signed papers. Carmax changed their policy in Texas to 10 days. Doug

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check with your state, you may have a 7 day backout period where you can return the unit. If they think they will have to undo the sale, I bet it will get the problem solved quickly.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
sorry for the delay. the dealership is RV Country, their
sparks Nv location. They have dealerships all over the west coast.
a friendly chat with the sales manager produced a 3 day away appointment in lieu of 2 months. pleased for now but time will tell
2020 Integra 36U
can am spyder or can am commander
BE PREPARED- NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT.

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
With Covid 19, Jayco is way behind in authorizing warranty work. Floor repair REQUIRES Pre Authorization from Jayco if it goes over 6 hours. SMART dealerships get the unit in just for checkout and pics and then let the customer go and use the RV. The dealership warranty dept then sends the pics and estimate of what they want to do with Labor and Parts. It can take up to 2 weeks in normal times, but who cares as long as you are using the unit. Once Auth, the dealer calls the customer and schedules the unit back in. Now, for bubbles, the usual way to repair is either cut along the edge of the closest Cabinet and lift and glue or use the syringe to inject glue into the bubble spots, then install a flat plate with a heavy item(I use bad 12 volt batteries) overnight to set the glue. Rarely does the entire floor have to be replaced for bubble type problems and even then, 20 to 25 hours is the labor time. We use a Flooring company to replace Lino type floors when doing a complete RV as they can fit and cut perfectly as they do this type work all the time.

Good explanation. While I would be tempted to do it myself, I really like the idea of making the dealer repair the work, then ding the manufacturer for thousands of dollars for the repair cost. The only way they will improve their quality control is to eat these costs. Eventually they will realize that it's more profitable to spend the extra 10 minutes to do the job right the first time.

I know...wishful thinking.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
With Covid 19, Jayco is way behind in authorizing warranty work. Floor repair REQUIRES Pre Authorization from Jayco if it goes over 6 hours. SMART dealerships get the unit in just for checkout and pics and then let the customer go and use the RV. The dealership warranty dept then sends the pics and estimate of what they want to do with Labor and Parts. It can take up to 2 weeks in normal times, but who cares as long as you are using the unit. Once Auth, the dealer calls the customer and schedules the unit back in. Now, for bubbles, the usual way to repair is either cut along the edge of the closest Cabinet and lift and glue or use the syringe to inject glue into the bubble spots, then install a flat plate with a heavy item(I use bad 12 volt batteries) overnight to set the glue. Rarely does the entire floor have to be replaced for bubble type problems and even then, 20 to 25 hours is the labor time. We use a Flooring company to replace Lino type floors when doing a complete RV as they can fit and cut perfectly as they do this type work all the time.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
LYNNMOR has the right idea, won,t cost very much, and it,ll be done , your rv could end up growing old in the dealers we,ll fix when we get to it lot. minor things better take care of it yourself.