Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical Problem

doclocke98926
Explorer
Explorer
As Paul Harvey used to say, "Here's a strange!"

We've had RVs of one type or another since 1965, and I've never encountered a problem as confusing as the one we're now having in our Pleasure-Way Lexor.

When the shore cord is connected, everything in the coach works as expected.

When the generator is running, everything in the coach works as expected.

When the coach is running on the 12v battery coach battery, none of the lights work and the status gauges (battery, fresh water, grey water, black water) don't display anything when we press the buttons. The refrigerator/freezer works just fine.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions, other than to take the darn thing to the dealer, which would require a round trip of about 400 miles?
4 REPLIES 4

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the battery voltage right on the terminals?
What is the voltage in the 12v distribution panel?

Post the results.

doclocke98926
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your reply, thriftydutch. There is no circuit breaker or fuse in the battery compartment on my Lexor. I traced the cable inside the MH by removing one of the seats, but again there was nothing to be seen that looked like a breaker or a fuse. If you could send me a photo of your 20 amp breaker, I'd appreciate it.

thriftydutch
Explorer
Explorer
I just had the very same problem last week. It took some figuring but eventually discovered that it was a 20 amp circuit breaker at the batteries. This circuit breaker in not in the electrical panel. If you need to see what it looks like let me know.

1990 L.E.R. Dodge B 250 Class B 17'

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Make sure the battery is installed correctly... Find the word NEG or SYMBOL '-' stamped on the battery case and make sure this is the TERMINAL that goes directly to FRAME GROUND near the battery install area.... RV Colors are normally BLACK for Positive and White for Ground. But since the AUTOMOTIVE BATTERIES are RED for Positive and BLACK for Ground it is real easy to get the battery hooked up in REVERSE order on the RV which will immediately blow the REVERSE POLARITY fuses and perphas another large capacity fuse or CB near the battery terminals...

Having a MULTIMETER handy at all times makes it easy to check out things like this...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS