cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dynamax Customer Satisfaction with Force, Force HD, or DX-3

petrel
Explorer
Explorer
I was drawn to the C+ class motorhomes by the available power, bunk/cabover options for my family of six, and better mechanical access. New Renegades, Showhaulers, and Haulmarks are out of my price range. The next step down seems to be the Jaycos, Dynamaxs, and a couple others using the Freightliner M-2 chassis with the big 9.0L cummins.

The dynamax force HD seemed to be the best compromise on power and accommodations, for us, for the money in the new market.

Please tell me about your Dynamax Force or DX-3 and your interactions with the manufacturer, if any. No raves about previous Dynamax models necessary. Thanks anyway, but their great reputation is impossible to miss.
43' Renegade/Coronado '06
2017 F450
2001 Ford Excursion PSD
1997 F350 Crew Cab PSD
7 REPLIES 7

petrel
Explorer
Explorer
Racingjunk, google search, truck conversion forum and calling manufacturers for dealer recommendations. We established relationships with a few dealers who agreed to keep an eye out for what we wanted.
2017 F450
2001 Ford Excursion PSD
1997 F350 Crew Cab PSD

BenBoosted
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you look for your used Renegade?
2017 Holiday Rambler Vesta - Class C
6.5" lift kit w/ A/T tires
Lithium batteries
Victron Inverter/charger
200w portable solar

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Not 1st hand experience but I ran into a guy that had a new DX3 and he was very happy with it.
I have the 8.3 on that chassis and sure would not want less power.

Bob86ZZ4
Explorer
Explorer
I think you made a good decision to buy a Truck Conversion and skip over the SuperC.
'03 United Specialties truck conversion built on Freightliner FL112 chassis, Cat C-12 motor, 10 speed autoshift, 430h/p, 1650 torque, love the truck conversion.

petrel
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, purchased a used Renegade instead.
2017 F450
2001 Ford Excursion PSD
1997 F350 Crew Cab PSD

petrel
Explorer
Explorer
There is nothing or their site about the HD, but the dealers have them and can order them. Furthermore, now the factory tells me that you can add the cabover bunk to the DX-3.
2017 F450
2001 Ford Excursion PSD
1997 F350 Crew Cab PSD

GL
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting - so the Dynamax Force has the 6.7L Cummins ISB (just like the Jayco Seneca) but the Dynamax Force HD has the 8.9 ISL?

Good to know - I like the cab-over bed that the Force has, but I was really looking at the DX3 because of the power of the 8.9. When did they start offering the Force HD? I don't even see anything on their website about it.

I'll be watching this thread as well, it would be good hear from some current owners.
2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 4x4 D/A (LLY) Dually Crew Cab
2007 Jayco Recon F36V