cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do newer Winnie Minnies (2015+) have leak issues?

qwerty1111
Explorer
Explorer
Do newer Winnie Minnies (2015+) have leak issues? I know Class C's are notorious for leaking int he cab-over area, but wondering if this has been resolved with newer models. I'm specifically looking at a Winnie Minnie. Any advice would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 3 class c's and not a one of them had a leak in the cabover area.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Generally on any RV, there can be leak issues over time. Class Cs are known to have leaks in the clearance lights which is easily fixed with proper caulking. The cap to roof seam can lean and again needs maintenance.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have not heard of any issues that are more or less than usual . Check the owners forums at W.

Any cabover experiences stress from wind and rough roads .
Newer models have fiberglass caps which are just that...fiberglass caps which just cover the front of the cabover. They can leak from 6 years of uv and road stress if not maintained.

Know what signs to look for as far as leaks . At the bottom of a cabover where the moldings are, removing the vinyl trim to view the molding screws is a place to start. Rusted screws at low points are worth a closer look to find out why. I have removed screws where water then dripped out.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We had had leaks in our 2001 Itasca, but not our 2014 Itasca.

qwerty1111
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone?