cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dish for my rv

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about getting Dish RV on the go for this snowbird season. There is more than a dozen configurations of carry outs, so whats the best bang for the buck, easiest and works the best. We winter in FL. and Tx., but stick and brick in Mi.
Blessings; kdk
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo
6 REPLIES 6

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Have a roof top antenna, a Pathfinder with 100 ft. of cable for places with trees. Sometimes just have to get by on Cable.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Pathway X2 and Wally. Basic satellite and local channels for $49 a month. X2 is simple - plug it in, tell Wally where you are, let it go.

I had to run a separate cable to Wally from the antenna. The 23 year old coax connections in my rig lost too much signal.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Very HAPPY with our Pathway X2. Just hooked up a Western Digital DVR 1TB with single USB and had Dish activate it. Even I...who is challenged in tech stuff could do this. DVR is awesome. About the size of a wallet.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another happy Winegard Pathway X2 user here.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Well you got a difference in requirements. The best bang for the buck is an open face antenna on a tripod. The drawback is it has to be set up and aimed each time you move. The easiest would be an automatic portable like the DISH Tailgater, drawback it only receives western arc satellites so blockage by trees etc. is possible. The best portable for DISH is the Winegard Pathway X2. It will receive either DISH eastern or western arc satellites and has a larger antenna surface for better reception in bad weather. The drawback is it is somewhat bulky and takes up a bit of storage space when not being used.

mkstn1400
Explorer
Explorer
We winter in FL tat the Villages and summer in TN. You can buy a Dish unit with the Wally receiver for $399 and have it installed on your RV.