Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dirt Rod inline fuel pump instructions

juano
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I'm staying tonight on the property of the owner of a 95' Bounder on a F53 chassis that I want to buy, but was parked 10 years ago and has a dead fuel pump. I need to leave ASAP so I don't have time to wait for the shipping of the original intank fuel pump so trying to find a quick fix I found on this forum a post from the member 'Dirt Rod' saying that an inline pump is not only possible but better.

I sent him an email but the address is gone so I'm asking here if somebody can forward me the information by email: juanetchevers from the most popular email that starts with g.

Thank you!
11 REPLIES 11

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
juano wrote:
bob@29154 wrote:
I have been watching this post. I have a 1993 p30 with same problem. Would this fix work for my fuel pump? 1993 Itasca Sunrise.

I already got the inline fuel pump, relay, wires and everything but my electrical skills are limited and seems that the instructions that a member of this group sent to me are incomplete as the manual mention 2 photos, one of the pump setup and other pf the relay setup but the relay photo is missing so not sure how to connect everything.

Maybe other member can give us a hand and Iโ€™ll let you know as soon as I successfully install it.

The two photos/jpg's are the one of the installed fuel pump and the wiring diagram. There is no photo of the relay installation itself. The best place to pick up control power for the new pump relay is at the inertia switch as shown on the diagram. The inertia switch is located on the lower left side of the steering column.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Try this link
Link
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

juano
Explorer
Explorer
bob@29154 wrote:
I have been watching this post. I have a 1993 p30 with same problem. Would this fix work for my fuel pump? 1993 Itasca Sunrise.

I already got the inline fuel pump, relay, wires and everything but my electrical skills are limited and seems that the instructions that a member of this group sent to me are incomplete as the manual mention 2 photos, one of the pump setup and other pf the relay setup but the relay photo is missing so not sure how to connect everything.

Maybe other member can give us a hand and Iโ€™ll let you know as soon as I successfully install it.

bob
Explorer
Explorer

juano
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody!

Can anyone confirm if I can split the dead in tank wiring and use the same wires fior the new external fuel pump? I'm trying to avoid losing time with new relays, fuses, connectors, etc.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
juano wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Here's the info I used to install an inline booster pump on a 1995 Coachmen some years ago:

***Link Removed***

Thank you!

You're welcome and I hope the info gets the rig going for you. The one I installed worked well for saving a trip to the Grand Canyon and getting the motorhome back to upstate NY. One time saver I did at the time was to use a toggle switch temporarily attached under the edge of the dash to control the pump, switching it on just before starting the engine. I updated it to use the relay for automatic operation later.

I would give proper credit for the PDF and other info if I had any idea where I got it. If anyone claims it thanks for the assist! ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
The fuel pumps used in 1995 and earlier F53 chassis is a gerotor style pump and does NOT pass fuel well when not running. Same design as the old Ford oil pumps. An external pump may not work well. 1996 and later used turbine style pumps.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

juano
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Here's the info I used to install an inline booster pump on a 1995 Coachmen some years ago:

***Link Removed***

Thank you!

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer

F53 External fuel pump info
Dutch

juano
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
***Link Removed***

There are some in-line fuel pumps available on that site.

Good Luck!!

That's not what I'm asking for but thanks for your time.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Inline Fuel Pumps

There are some in-line fuel pumps available on that site.

Good Luck!!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes