cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailing RV

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Winnebago Sightseer which is in desperate need of a good wash, etc. Considering having a mobile company here do the dirty work for me. A neighbor recommended them and had them put a sealant on his fiberglass roof. Wondering if that's a good idea. Not sure what all that entails, but it's only about $50....also any other suggestions? Will probably have a wash/wax job done....I have complete body paint, so no decals to worry about wearing off....
12 REPLIES 12

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
we winter in Arizona and my wife doesn't want to help me wash our MH anymore so I get a mobile wash service who wash the coach and the roof. I had some of these people wax my MH and didn't like their work. Since we are in the same place for 3 months I take my time and polish it With Liquid Glass. I also treat my TPO roof and polish my chrome wheels with Mothers wheel polish. If I remember right they charge me about $100 for my 39' MH for the wash job. They have done a great job.:)

Bruce_Brown
IB853347201 wrote:
If you have full body paint by Winnebago, then you also have several layers of clear coat on your paint.
Doubt you need to waste $$ having it waxed.
Ours is a 2010 suncruiser, and the paint looks as good as the day we picked it up. Never waxed, just gently washed.

Years ago I owned and operated an auto detail shop, trust me when I say just because you have clear coat doesn't mean you don't need wax too.

Yes, clear makes it much easier to maintain and keep a MH looking better, but an occasional coat of wax is a **really** good idea.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

TomfromNC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Why don't you wash it yourself. All you need is a hose attached to faucet, a bucket, wash and wax rv soap, a brush with a long handle(buy it at Walmart). Wash a section at a time and rinse. After coach is washed use an old towel and dry it using was brush with towel wrapped around it. The following day buy some Protect-All(at Walmart or camping world) spray it on a piece at a time and rub it in a circular motion and if you want you can go back and buff it. The best way is to do a side a time however I do the whole 35 foot coach in one day.
After you finish get a cold beer and enjoy the way it looks.
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 35p
2000 Roadmaster Tow Dolly
2011 Ford Escape Limited
Have a Great Day and take time to smell the roses!

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
kemer wrote:
We have a 2014 Winnebago Sightseer which is in desperate need of a good wash, etc. Considering having a mobile company here do the dirty work for me. A neighbor recommended them and had them put a sealant on his fiberglass roof. Wondering if that's a good idea. Not sure what all that entails, but it's only about $50....also any other suggestions? Will probably have a wash/wax job done....I have complete body paint, so no decals to worry about wearing off....

Kemer,
Clear coats need waxing too. And on a regular basis if you want to keep it as nice as it was/is when it rolled out of the factory. EVERYTHING deteriorates in the sun, no matter what it's made of. So, keeping a coach sparkling and nice, takes work. Whether or not it's done by the owner, is a matter of choice. There are different prices of detailing all over the U.S.

In some parts of the country, it's a $1.00 a foot. In others, it apparently is around $5.00 a foot. This is a matter of MONEY, and, just WHO, wants to spend HOW MUCH, to get this job done. If one doesn't have the facilities to do the work, or the actual drive to do all the physical work, then, out comes the wallet and, here comes the detail crew.

The smart move here might be to locate other RVers in your neighborhood that have paid to have the service done, what kind of service was involved and what options are available, for what price. Finally, are some of these folks one might question, happy with the results. This way, you'll get answers from folks THAT ARE CLOSE TO YOU, and have used detail crews THAT ARE CLOSE TO YOU, so you can form an educated decision as to whether or not you're gonna have it done.

What we tell you on here is, how things are done WHERE WE LIVE and, the crews we use, and options and prices based on where WE LIVE. As I stated earlier, options, crews, results, and prices vary all over the U.S.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
While you're cleaning up the outside, here's a little trick for cleaning up the inside. Go purchase a denture brush. Get one with the bristles on both sides. It will allow you to get in to the corners and remove that dark line where the wall and counter top meet. Also great in the bath room, etc.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
As long as you are having them come over, go for the wash wax and roof sealant. You want the wax as it should have a UV inhibitor which will protect the clear coat. Not sure what they mean by roof sealant-- probably a liquid or spray wax. It will certainly help avoid chaulking. I wash our coach after every trip and wax it 2x a year, including the fiberglass roof. BTW- if you haven't inspected the roof, now's the time to do it. Check for cracked/drying Dicor, loose eternabond tape,etc and repair as necessary.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Truck wash facilities work great and are a lot cheaper, BUT, you have to make sure that they are careful with the pressure washer around the windows.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
there are truck washes around . not always in all big cities but truck stops may have one close to you. maybe cheaper then $300 or $9.00 per ft. saw a video on you tube made by the rv geeks seems they paid a lot less then $300.00. if you want to look up there series of videos on you tube and watch it you can get more info on it. I looked it up for you . they went to a place called blue beacon and paid $40 for a 40 ft MH and toad. wash only

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
I just paid $300.00 to wash and wax my 42 foot coach.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
The price of $50 is just for the sealant on the roof....price for wash is generally around $5 a foot....$9 a foot for wash/wax

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
That's a pretty good price. I pay more than that in this area, and this is a low economy area. figure 2-5 dollars per foot, especially if it includes the roof.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
If you have full body paint by Winnebago, then you also have several layers of clear coat on your paint.
Doubt you need to waste $$ having it waxed.
Ours is a 2010 suncruiser, and the paint looks as good as the day we picked it up. Never waxed, just gently washed.
2010 Suncruiser