cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deka batteries

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to replace our batteries this year ( 5 years old). Nothing wrong just that time. Checked at General RV and was shown their wet cell ( have this type currently) replacement. A Deka battery ... $185 big ones. I thought that was pretty steep for a 6 volt wet cell. Yeah I know, it's General RV what did I expect.

Anyone know about these batteries ... Good , bad. Costco probably a better deal? Need 6.
20 REPLIES 20

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
Only 5 years old? Mine are 10 this year. We don't boondock much, so we probably haven't put many cycles on them. If you're really going to update, my sister might want your old ones...
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
Looking to replace our batteries this year ( 5 years old). Nothing wrong just that time. Checked at General RV and was shown their wet cell ( have this type currently) replacement. A Deka battery ... $185 big ones. I thought that was pretty steep for a 6 volt wet cell. Yeah I know, it's General RV what did I expect.

Anyone know about these batteries ... Good , bad. Costco probably a better deal? Need 6.

Take a look at BATTERIES PLUS while you're at it, with some of their full replacement warranties and rebates from time to time. Especially with their AGM line and have a full 60 months on mine.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

siggyd777
Explorer
Explorer
Check with "Batteries Plus" in your area. If you order ON-Line, you'll
get 10% off.
Siggy
Happy Trails
Siggy & Ursula
2011 Dutch Star 4020,ISL 400,Compr.brake,FTL XCR,IFS
Allison MH3000
2015 Jeep Cherokee,4x4 Active Drive II,V6 , Brake Buddy,Roadmaster Sterling,
Camping since 1975 Pop-Up,1986 22Ft.TT,1999 Gas MH,2005 KSDP,
2011 DSDP,FMCA 368283

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
centerline wrote:
Deka is an excellent battery... Trojan, US Battery and the two East Penn brands, Deka and Duracell are the only real competitors when it comes to quality batteries.... but east penn also makes batteries for private label companies as well.

as for the $185 for a Deka, that could be a good deal, depending on the size of the battery... which isnt mentioned. so it could be a bad deal also...

For wet cell 6V GC2's, I'd add Crown and Rolls batteries into the top tier, similar to Trojan in quality and reputation.

I'd also price comparison shop against the Fullriver AGM GC2 equivalent - might not be as much of a jump in price as some would think. Capable of a bit faster recharging, and of course no fuss no maintenance after install. ON EDIT: I took a quick Google Shopping look, and it was $269 for the DC224-6 battery. I had remembered seeing like $219, but that was for an 'replacement' for the Fullriver add, Apex AGM if I recall. So much more of a jump then the $185...

If price is the main concern, the Costco and or Sam's, and be done with it:)! (I believe I saw Sam's had a bit taller and higher capacity GC2 footprint battery in stock, in Southern California(?). Probably close to equivalent to the T-125's.

Best,
Smitty

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
That price sounds more like the G31 AGM or GC2 AGM. Flooded should be half that number.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yews I think that is a bit "Steep" for a 6 Volt Wet Cell since Sam's sells a diferent brand for under 100, costco is about 100.

However that said (I have DEKA's by the way) DEKA is East Penn Battery company.

There is ONE lead smelter in the US. East Penn Battery Company.

The battery is 100% USA no foreign content. THUS I support it. They are good batteries got mine in 2014 and .. So far have not even added distilled water ()need to check them however,,, but every time I've checked they were still good)

I will admit I have expanded my battery bank but NOT my converter so they do nto charge as fast as the Interestates that they replaced No complaints about the interestates (Johnson controls in my case) eiter.

Interstate is one of two manufacturers,, Johnson and another company depending on which side of the USA you are on, both good manufactures. MOST "Store brand" batteries are either Johnson, US Battery or Excide.. I've never been all that pleased with Excide in cars.

Somewhere in one of the forums is a list of who makes what.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
East Penn/Deka makes several types of batteries built to the specs of the label. Not all of their batteries are equal. The lower priced Deka batteries will not last as long as the more expensive Deka batteries.
I have four 6 volt Deka AGM batteries that are going on 6 years old and are still in great shape.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Sam's has the Deka 6 volt battery GC2 for $85;

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-golf-car-battery-group-size-gc2/prod3590228.ip?xid=plp3990117...

I just picked up 2 to replace a couple Interstate 6 volt batteries that are about 6 years old.

stein4
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased 2 deka 6 volt batteries online from Lowes Home Improvement $148/each, no core charge. Called a local golfcart shop and they gave me $30/each for the cores.

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Costco will be selling Deka under a different label, very likely. And cheaper 🙂

I believe that you will find that Costco sells Interstate branded batteries. Up until the past couple of years, Costco has had batteries branded with their label, but they have always been Interstate.

Replaced all of my house batteries with Interstate branded batteries purchased from Costco two years ago and am very pleased with the performance.
2012 American Coach Revolution

full_mosey
Explorer
Explorer
filrupmark wrote:
Batteries Plus sells Deka under the Energizer Label.

No Results Found for "energizer agm deep cycle battery"

I see Deka cases

HTH;
John

et2
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:
I've installed hundreds of Deka batteries in solar systems over the last 15 years with excellent results. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Is this for a 6v golf cart battery? $185 seems pretty steep to me.

Yes 6 volt golf cart

full_mosey
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
filrupmark wrote:
Batteries Plus sells Deka under the Energizer Label.

Sam's Club as well.

My experience with SamsClub is that:
Energizer = Johnson Controls <---- I have one of these
Duracell = Deka/East Penn <---- this is the one you want

The Deka case with the Duracell label exactly matches.

I am actually looking at my 100A 31C Energizer right now and the label says "Distr. By Johnson Controls...".

HTH;
John

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I've installed hundreds of Deka batteries in solar systems over the last 15 years with excellent results. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Is this for a 6v golf cart battery? $185 seems pretty steep to me.