cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

De-Winterize B Touring Cruiser

revickers
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a used 2005 B Touring Cruiser and I cannot find the bypass for the water heater to dewinterize it. I have found the hot water tank and have looked all around it and there are no valves. Any help would greatly be appreciated- pictures or video would be awesome. Thanks so much.
7 REPLIES 7

revickers
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I knew that. But before I learned about de-winterizing I turned on the hot water and water came out, which in my mind meant there was water in the tank- of course in the meant time, I have read all about winterizing, by-pass, etc. We bought our B Touring Cruiser from a friend who never used it. So she was no help to us. It is a 2005 with 20,000 miles. We went on our very first camping two weeks ago and LOVED it. We are now hooked and looking forward to many, many more. I have been reading all the books on RV, boondocking, and camping that I can access through Kindle. I have found a new passion and excitement that I didn't know existed. The next adventure is to the Richmond race next weekend. Thanks again for all of your responses.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ummm, there is an access door on the outside, but I think the heating element is accessed from the other side. From inside the MH at the back of the water heater.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
You probably figured this out the hard way, but in case you didn't know, NEVER use the water heater on electric unless you are SURE there is water in it. It will burn out very quickly unless there is water in the heater.

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
revickers wrote:
Thanks all. Yes, it was next to the drawer under the stove. Now does any one know how to change a heating element on a hot water heater on a BT Cruiser. I may have burned mine out.

I don't have a Class B, but if your MH is like most other RV's, the element is accessed from OUTSIDE the MH. Look for the access panel on the side of your RV. Should be a square metal panel with a clip on top of the door. Move the clip to the horizontal position and the door will flip down to give you access. The element will have electrical wires connected to it. If the heater has water in it, use the drain plug to drain it and remove the electrical connections and then you can remove and replace the element. Good luck.

revickers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. Yes, it was next to the drawer under the stove. Now does any one know how to change a heating element on a hot water heater on a BT Cruiser. I may have burned mine out.

LI-Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I used to own a 2004. The hot water bypass valves were behind the draw that is under the oven. Remove the drawer to access the valves. Good luck! Let us know if you find them.
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
Sold 2004 Jayco 27DS MH
Wherever you go, there you are!!

Tinyandthegang
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what model you have but on mine the valve is behind the drawers in the bedroom.