cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard stereo replacement

JOERVDREAM
Explorer
Explorer
I’m looking to replace the stereo in my Winnebago sightseer. Haven’t had any luck finding out what installation kit to get. They go by car models. So I’m guessing that I’ll have to splice into the wiring harness in the dash rather than finding a kit that will work?
Anyone have any advice?
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
I always buy from Crutchfield, probably 20 years now.

wd
Explorer
Explorer
I've bought 2 from Crutchfield and they walked me through the installation of one of them. Call them and they will answer any questions you have,

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Ditto on Crutchfield

JimR

egrove
Explorer
Explorer
I yanked out the Kenwood in our new Tiffin and replaced it with a new stereo I got from Crutchfield. I wanted Android Auto. So much better than the dated Kenwood model Tiffin included. Crutchfield can't provide wiring or trim kits for motorhomes, but splicing it wasn't too hard. The trim fit was a little off (some gaps), but a little black electrical tape made it look pretty good.
Eric Grove
Dallastown, PA
2019 Tiffin Open Road Allegro 34PA

View an online map showing campgrounds in the US

Add a Visited States Map to your signature

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
If Crutchfield doesn't know then nobody will. I've been dealing with them almost exclusively for consumer electronics since 1991. They are excellent.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Splicing it is not such a big deal. You will have easier time finding out what the wires on the radio are, then you can match that up with the wires on the vehicle side so you know what is what when putting in a new radio.

Use butt connectors and crimp, so dont try to just twist and tape. You will need a tool that can crimp and it is cheap enough and has wire cutters all in the same tool.

Might be worth trying to contact the manufacturer of the Class A and ask what "vehicle" harness they use for the radio.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
do you have a pic of your existing radio/dash?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
I went to Car toys, picked out the unit I wanted and they installed, no problems

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Crutchfield - website is great for std vehicles but with some RV's your going to have to pick up the phone.
Kevin

Try https://www.crutchfield.com/
They are excellent to deal with and extremely helpful.

They may not exactly list specs for your vehicle, but they will help you find what will work.

I replaced the stereo in my pickup, installed it myself and it was a breeze to do. It came with very clear concise instructions.
They have wiring kits that are a plug and play for each vehicle.
You take the wiring kit for the vehicle, the wire harness for the new stereo, all color coded, and splice them together and plug it in.
They have modules to fit with existing vehicle systems, such as steering wheel controls, audible alert chimes and so on.

Awesome people to deal with!
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com