cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damon owner questions

Tmitchell5188
Explorer
Explorer
We're new to the RV world when it comes to motor homes. We've had truck campers, and pop ups.

Last summer we bought a 2009 Damon Daybreak 3578 36' with the Ford V10. It had 6100 miles when we bought it. We don't have any complaints about it so far, except for the fact that when Thor took Damon over, they didn't keep much if any of the documentation.

My question is this. Over the drivers seat, there is a compartment which is for a satellite box. It has sat in and sat out. I know that the sat output goes to the source selection box. But where does the sat in go to?

We're looking at mounting a satellite antenna on the roof, and we're looking for tips on how to do this. Where is the best place to bring the cable in? I would think that I need to mount the antenna close to the front, keeping the cables as short as possible.

Any Damon owners out there that can offer suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Tmitchell5188
Explorer
Explorer
I'll have to take a ladder over to the storage lot and look for a removable cover. I'm sure the previous owner didn't have a satellite set up.

Thanks for all of the responses.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being a used unit I would not be surprised to find cables already installed by the previous owner...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

snowfitter
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Daybreak 3270. On mine there was a dummy vent cover on the roof and when you take the cap off there is a sticker that says satellite cable here. You use a 1 1/2" hole saw and drill though the rubber roof and plywood. Be careful you only drill the rubber and plywood and don't go into the foam or you can cut the cable. That cable runs up front to the audio video switcher. On mine its on the right hand side. If you call Thor Motors in Wakarusa, In. they should be able to tell you where on the roof the cable is located. Most installer will just drill a hole through the roof into the cabinet your controller is in and they use a plate over the cable on the roof to seal it. Hope this helps.

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I would look for an "extra" coax connector in the utility bay or electric bay. If there is one it should connect to the "Sat In" it is for a carry out dish on a tripod.

Haven't owned a Damon since our 2001 was sold in 2004, it was way too primitive to have anything like a satellite prewire. Sorry I can't be more help.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526