cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damon Daybreak

dr3x
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to upgrade a little. We want a little more room and have been looking at a unit 2007 Daybreak 3276 model. Low miles 28800 and we like the floor plan and amenities. Dealer wants 39,900 and seems to be inline as I have tried to get a good price comparison and did a book value. The dealer is right in the middle of low to high value. Does anyone have any opinions of the Damon coaches,good bad indifferent. Just want some thoughts.
Mel Parks
Killbuck,Oh
5 REPLIES 5

SP4380
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Damon Daybreak and have very few issues. Ford 6.8L 3 valve engine has plenty of power. We tow a 30' trailer without a problem.

The only issue is anywhere the Maroon decals are applied to the basement doors, they are shrinking and shriveling up. No problem at all where they are applied to the side, only on the basement doors.

dr3x
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks PAPA I am going to look at it in the next few days if it is still there. I am not an impulse buyer so if it is sold before I look at it I always say IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE also have to do the bargaining and see if they will fair with my trade in or do I just want to sell it on my own. Really do't want to get rid of current MH and buy one before winter as it has to sit out,but don't want to pass on a possible good unit. I understand Thor is the manufacturer. I want good used over new,budget and not wanting to have the quality issues some talk about.I know that can happen with any purchase. I am a very slow methodical buyer,{OLDSCHOOL} LOL. Thank's again
Mel Parks
Killbuck,Oh

Jabrad_s_Papa
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning Mel
I have an 06 Daybreak 3272. I bought it new. I have had a few problems but nothing major. All the components have held up great. The Refrigerator, A/C's , water pump, water heater etc. A couple problems I have had was new and under warranty the cruise control went out.It's a ford V10. The only other problem I have is after 10 years the hydraulic hoses are blowing out. Theses are for the jacks, the slides have electric motors. I'm approaching 60 k miles and it still runs great.
On the issue of the hoses, they had a recall years ago, they ran the hoses too close to the engine block, make sure they have them tied up away from the engine.
39900 seems like a fair price. 28800 miles for that year is great.

dr3x
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks snowfitter I haven't been to see it yet just pics and conversation per phone and email. It is on Ford chassis with v10 I am not in a hurry but was hoping to hear all I could from the veteran rv er's. I don't mind knowing others opinions as I think sometimes it helps to form a good database for your purchases whatever they are.
Thank You
Mel Parks
Killbuck,Oh

snowfitter
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Daybreak 3270 I bought new and have had very few problems. I think the quality back in 2007 was a whole lot better then what it is today. I would hope its on the Ford chassis because the workhorse had a lot of brake problems and a few other things. The V10 has plenty of power for me. The price they are asking is fair if in good shape and was not a dealer rental. Good luck.