cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coachmen Leprechaun 320DS Water system

cranej
Explorer
Explorer
It has been a while since I've posted in RV.net but I have a question for all of you out there. Have any of you experienced a faulty water system in your RV? We have a 2009 Coachmen Leprechaun 320DS and EVERY SINGLE YEAR the water system burst behind the main panel. This year, it burst WHILE winterized. It doesn't matter what RV dealership or shop winterizes it, it still happens.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue.

I'm thinking about writing a letter to Coachmen about this faulty water system and how unhappy we are with their product.

Thanks!
2009 Coachmen Leprechaun (Class C)
Saturn Vue (toad)
DH (47) :C
me (45) :B
4 cats (Kashi, Lucky, Calvin and Hobbes)...who don't travel well (so they stay home)
8 REPLIES 8

cranej
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure exactly where but we are not able to do anything when it busts.....such as fill fresh water tank, use it in house, etc. It's totally busted. The RV shop called me this afternoon and it has busted again...while still winterized. Not sure what else to do.

I've sent off an email to the Coachmen rep at Forest River.
Saturn Vue (toad)
4 cats (Kashi, Lucky, Calvin and Hobbes)...who don't travel well (so they stay home)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
What part of system did that break off of.......fill, tank flush, city water, winterize, filter, water pump etc????

The 'winterizing' is NOT being done completely/correctly.......WATER is being trapped/left behind and cold weather.....freezes/expands/burst

Poor design....poor winterizing procedure.......combination of both ?

After first time......if same portion of system being damaged second time shouldn't have happened. That section of plumbing system should have had better attention paid to it.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Turner__P
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Water Works system also but it has a bigger and different panel than yours. So far I have not had any problems. It is extremely hard to find any information on this set up. When we bought it a technician gave a 10 minute "here is what you need to know about your RV". We pretty much had to figure out everything by ourselves. The biggest issue is trying to sanitize the fresh water tank with the way the tank is filled.
Paul T

cranej
Explorer
Explorer
WAter panel

Manibloc behind panel

Part that broke off

Saturn Vue (toad)

cranej
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Sounds to me like someone damaged a line or fitting and did a micky mouse repair that now keeps failing. Either have a dealer or you fix it correctly and move on.

If it was damaged, than it was done before we got it because the area in which is keeps bursting is not accessible unless you take off the entire water panel.
Saturn Vue (toad)

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds to me like someone damaged a line or fitting and did a micky mouse repair that now keeps failing. Either have a dealer or you fix it correctly and move on.

cranej
Explorer
Explorer
We have antifreeze put in it every year. As for the line colors, I'm not sure. I do remember seeing a bunch of white. I may have pics somewhere. If I can find it, I will try to attach.
Saturn Vue (toad)

Hemi_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Are they just blowing it out with air or are they pumping RV antifreeze through the complete system? Blowing out with air does not remove all the water and it will settle in the low spots of the lines and if enough collects in these spots it will freeze; also what type of lines do you have ( colour of the lines).