cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach area overhead bed

jkc306
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! have 2017 thor ace 30.3. Home from road trip with lots of bumpy freeways. Used bed above coach area for first time. noticed after a few miles it lowers out of alignment causing damage to driver side upper storage area veneer and upholstery when lowering. no problems while rising back into place.

Anyone have any ideas on DIY correcting?

Thank you!!
John Contreras
3 REPLIES 3

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
We used to have an ACE. The magnets would never hold the bed frame to the ceiling. We ended up buying a set of slide locks and pinned the bed to the ceiling using the rail the bed rests on. Worked great, easy to install and remove and the bed never moved. That said, yours already got racked out of alignment. Either the actuators themselves are out of sync or the bed frame is bent. I would resort to taking it to a dealer. Our ACE had this issue when we bought it. I actually think someone hung on it bending it at the dealership. Thor replaced it for free. But that was new.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

jkc306
Explorer
Explorer
Re:steel supports
The bed is lowered by "jacks", one one drivers side and one on passenger side; as these jacks extend and lower the bed, the bed unfolds -

As it unfolds, the passenger side of the bed appears to hang lower while descending tilting the drivers side over too far causing the damage.

I am unsure how these supports affixed to the bed frames edges/sides prevents the misalignment...
John Contreras

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Add STEEL supports. 1/2" X 1" with holes every 6-10". Screw into place with screws as long as physically possible.