cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A microwave

Jeparkins
Explorer
Explorer
Our microwave stopped heating. Can we buy just any microwave or does it have to be specific to a RV? This is an over stove mount we currently have.

Thanks!!

Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for how-to question related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, go to the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!
7 REPLIES 7

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our failing OEM Sharp microwave with an $88 Hamilton Beach from Walmart that fit in the Sharp ventilated front cover perfectly. The only mods I made was a couple of shims to set the height correctly, and a slight rebend of the front cover attachment straps. We've been using the Hamilton Beach year round for about three years now, with no problems.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I'd remove it and see how it mounts before I bought another unit. Mounting them can be interesting.

Have two people there to remove it. I removed and reinstalled mine with another guy. Very heavy and bulky.

They are none that ever heard of that was built specifically for an RV. Any will work.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

Jeparkins
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you katysdad. Ours does vent out the top

katysdad
Explorer
Explorer
If it fits in a cabinet it more than likely vents out of the top. usually has a trim panel across the top to let the hot air out of the cabinet. Household microwaves have vents on the side and will overheat in an enclosed cabinet.
Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
120 appliances are 120 appliances. Goes for ACs and TVs too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Buy whatever microwave you like that fits in your space in the RV.
They are not RV specific.