cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Car Trailer behind a class A MH

warrenjo46
Explorer
Explorer
I saw an ad for a used class a diesel pusher that had an interesting car hauling trailer on it. The trailer actually folded up against the back of the motorhome so it would be out of the way at the camp site.

Was I dreaming or is there such a device that anyone out there has seen?

Warren
18 REPLIES 18

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
2900 lbs tongue weight, and trailer costs $20,000... That, is a rich man's toy, that is not very practical for most of us (those that can't afford a Prevost or similar coach that can handle that much tongue weight).

You could set up half a dozen different towed vehicles for flat towing, buy a new tow bar setup for each one of them, and STILL be money ahead from what that trailer would cost.

Cool concept, but I'll stick to flat towing, thank you very much.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Considering the coach is a Prevost, that trailer still makes the rear end bounce around and squat a bit. I cant imagine adding weight like that to any normal rv. This trailer looks like a solution looking for a problem. I cant see where it would be very practical in the real world. Why not just pay extra for a pull through, or park the trailer somewhere. For what that thing costs, I would have an enclosed trailer that protects the vehicle.

Icteroid
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah its a nice trailer and I plan to buy them when I save enough money. Can't wait.

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Rated to tow 40k.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

js218
Explorer
Explorer
^^^my hitch weight is 6,000 lbs. Just saying.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

Stim
Explorer
Explorer
He states MH has "20,000 lb hitch". That is towing limit, NOT tongue weight! Putting 2800 lbs tongue weight would be much over loaded even for storage!
Even at 5 mph that he said it would handle moving around a campground.
It's a fun idea but they should have made a lift up tow dolly. Much lighter.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
PartyOf Five wrote:
But then again why not just book 2 spots at the cg then ?!?
That may be OK for a real slow campground, but I haven't seen a real slow campground in the last several years and it really sucks to see people booking sites for their toads and boats! Especially river or lake front! Just my vent - many campgrounds forbid it anymore.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Surely the trailer is not hauled in the folding position? Very loose looking.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 20ft deck Featherlite trailer weighs 1800lbs and will haul my F-150 if I choose and cost $12000 with a tool box, a wind dam, and aluminum wheels. And I can park that thing anywhere. Could have got an off brand 16ft for around $4500.....That thing just looks like an expensive pita to me.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Demco's car caddy 2 folks for storage (ie in your garage), but not like this... Pretty cool if you have so much money and no space. But then again why not just book 2 spots at the cg then ?!?
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have often thought of doign something like that with a dolly. Basically just winch it up on the back of the RV when camped. (you'd need to modify the hitch a bit)

They make cargo trays that fold up like that for cars carrying a wheel chair or mobility scooter. Problem is most of 'em block the license plate.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Just tow the car, and forget the trailer. it's really not that hard!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice idea, but Iโ€™ll store a regular on in the area designated by the campground. And it would be an enclosed trailer.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Moved from Lifestyle