cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadians buying fuel

Mobile_Kennel
Explorer
Explorer
When I as a Canadian buying fuel in the states and paying at the pump get asked for a Zip Code. I donโ€™t have one. I have been told that there is a number that can be input to bypass this. Does anyone know that number?
No motor home at present
2010 Toyota Prius to become toad.
2 Labrador Retrievers
6 REPLIES 6

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also be sure to call your bank or CC company before you leave.

When you try to pay at the pump thereโ€™s a much greater chance of it being flagged as a suspicious transaction.

As a pilot Iโ€™ve come across just about every potential fraud โ€˜flagโ€™ there is over the years. Like paying for gas, then a few hours later try to pay for dinner a thousand miles away. LOL.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
thriftydutch wrote:
Yes the three numbers in your postal code plus two 00 has worked for me for years everywhere in the USA

Yep. It works most times.

thriftydutch
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the three numbers in your postal code plus two 00 has worked for me for years everywhere in the USA

1990 L.E.R. Dodge B 250 Class B 17'

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Enter the 3 numbers from your postal code followed by 2 zeros.
For example, if your postal code was M5K-1H8 you would enter 51800 as your zip.
2010 Suncruiser

Bruce_Brown
^^^ This.

Or...

I know it's a pain but take the card inside and have the clerk run it. I know, that defeats the purpose of pay at the pump but it would probably work.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
The zip code is used as a verification connecting the user to the card. Your best bet for getting the correct answer would be asking your credit card company what you should enter.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500