cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't extend tray

Mr__Pinky
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone give me info on how to extend the front tray (to service generator) on an '04 Dutch Star DP? I released the 2 latches in the extreme front and pulled the release on the left side and it won't budge. Is there another release?

I called Newmar's customer service dept., what a joke! They linked me to something called Newgle which you have to join, password, etc. I have been waiting for 5 days now to get a reply from them, guess it got lost in cyberspace. It hasn't been too long that you could call Newmar and talk to a real person who had knowledge of whatever problem you had. Guess those days are sadly over.
"STUFF" HAPPENS, GET OVER IT
3 REPLIES 3

dieterrv
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this will help. My 2002 CC also has a locking pin on the slide rail besides the latch release. I was going crazy trying to open it until I saw the small cable going to the pin was on top of the slide.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your problem is your RV is 17 years old. RV companies rarely have anybody in Customer service with actual experiance on the product going back more than 5 years. But to your problem, There is a pull handle which you know about. It is on a cable that goes to a Latch directly behind the Genset. Odds are that latch has rusted up. While I don't advise it(I would do it) raise the front of the RV as high as the jacks will allow to crawl under and spray Lubricant(rust destroyer), all over that latch and let sit overnight. Odds are after 24 hours you should be able to pop the latch open. You may have to then replace it. Doug

PS there is no other release.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
The last one I worked on it was located on the left side faceing the gen about knee high. Think it was called a T handle. Might have to rock it side to side if not open in a while.

When we had a Newmar, there system that you have to join, worked very well with many booklets that you could download for almost anything to see how to work on them.