Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I remove the air conditoner

Othonk
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 91 Tioga Montera. 22 ft
The air conditioner wasn't functioning, only a bit of cool air and I wanted to get a mobile air conditioner that fits in very well, but ;my interior is super small I removed the couch/ bed because it was so uncomfortable and find the water tank and the air conditioning hoses lie over the tank making it hard for me to use the space.
I want to remove the hoses . so I can use the space over the water tank
Can I remove the hoses without damaage to other utilities? I won't need air or heat as I can easily use a heater and the air conditioner that I have placed.
Now I have to find a way to keep the air conditioner stable while driving.

please I need urgent advice so I don't do something stupid
8 REPLIES 8

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
If you are going to remove the heater vent hoses, you might as well go ahead and remove the furnace also, and use that space. That way, there would be no danger of it ever getting turned on and burning down you trailer. Which is a very probable thing if you remove the vent hoses.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Othonk
Explorer
Explorer
I will never use the furnace. My rv is very small so everything is under the couches limiting how I can make things make sense to me. If I move these ducts I gain a space for a work site over the water tank

Othonk
Explorer
Explorer
they are very large, I'm going to cut them leaving enough to reconnect if I need to in future
Thanks for the help!

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you remove the furnace air ducts you won't have any hot air distribution throughout the RV. If you NEVER need heat, that would be OK, if you use the furnace you'll have problems getting heat distribution.

If you want heat, you may be able to reroute the ducts to put the air out in RV someplace else. You'll still have heat, it just won't be as efficient.

You can not just cut them to get them out of your way and then have the hot air blowing into the compartment where they run. This could overheat the furnace and cause a fire problem. You'll have to vent them out into the main part of the RV prior to where you want to do your modifications.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Othonk
Explorer
Explorer
I just saw a video and what I am seeing is the furnace ducts. Can I remove them?? That would be sooo good

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
If they're three to four inches in diameter, then they're your hot air duct hoses for your furnace. Roughly what diameter are they?

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Othonk
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure what they are they come out of the side of the refrig, big white stretchy coiled tubes looping over the water tank and out.

sorry does this make sense? nubee here

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
RV roof top AC don't have hoses. Are you referring to furnace ducting?