cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bunkhouse C+ with cabover bed or 4 bunks?

petrel
Explorer
Explorer
I have a family of six. We are on our second TT. Until now, they were the only thing in our price range with decent accommodations for our children.

Yesterday, I ran across the Dynamax Force 37BHHD and it has me very interested. It has a full size master suite plus two bunks AND a huge cabover bunk.

Two questions:
Does anyone know much about these new Dynamax C+ rigs? I read on here that the older ones were pretty good.

Does anyone know of another C+ with similar or better accommodations that still offers the big 9 litre "truck" engine and big towing power? (we plan to use our Ford Excursion as Toad for a trip to AK)

Thanks in advance for your advice and insights.
43' Renegade/Coronado '06
2017 F450
2001 Ford Excursion PSD
1997 F350 Crew Cab PSD
4 REPLIES 4

petrel
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, they have the 6.7L Cummins. I am trying desperately to find a similar floorplan with the 9.0L Cummins.

Test rode in Dynamax DX-3 and looked at the Force today. Loved the DX-3, so I am going to drill down on the Force with the HD package that has the 9.0L engine. It won't be quite as nice as the DX-3, but I need the cabover bunk for my daughters more than I need the other amenities.
2017 F450
2001 Ford Excursion PSD
1997 F350 Crew Cab PSD

AndyW
Explorer
Explorer
They're both on the same chassis with the same engine and transmission as far as I can tell.

Dynamax is probably the better manufacturer, but the Jayco is significantly cheaper.

petrel
Explorer
Explorer
I missed that one completely. Unfortunately, I don't think they offer the power option I prefer. I'm still investigating. Thank you for the recommendation.
2017 F450
2001 Ford Excursion PSD
1997 F350 Crew Cab PSD

AndyW
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco Seneca 37FS (been eyeing this one myself, not to buy now, but as something to aim for in 5 years or so on the used market when we're ready to upgrade)