cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bubbles on the side of his RV

newownerneedadv
Explorer
Explorer
Any one knows a quick fix for a Bubbles for side wall so I can just sell the thingAny advice would be very much helpful I just don’t wanna put any more money into this if I don’t have toTimes are tough but I bought this I am invested it was a bad investment because I listen to somebody else so I’m just trying to make it livable for me and my son thanks guys
19 REPLIES 19

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Without pictures of exactly what the OP is talking about, everything offered here is just WAG's.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Seems like the OP never returns to threads so it's hard to know if any of this helped.

Happens all the time

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Seems like the OP never returns to threads so it's hard to know if any of this helped.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
oldave wrote:
Read this thread

https://www.monacoers.org/topic/2899-epoxy-oh-no/#comments

Ray

Thank you very much for the link. You did a great job that most people would not have went to to repair this. My uncle was a boat builder and I have seen him drill holes and plate both sides and inject resin back into the damage spot.

Gene

Gene, it wasn't me doing the repair. It was another member of Monacoers.

Ray

bob_b
Explorer
Explorer
I got an estimate ten years ago to repair a similar condition and was surprised to find out the expense. I was quoted $1,000 a foot. I sold it and moved on. Bob
bob b

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
oldave wrote:
Read this thread

https://www.monacoers.org/topic/2899-epoxy-oh-no/#comments

Ray

Thank you very much for the link. You did a great job that most people would not have went to to repair this. My uncle was a boat builder and I have seen him drill holes and plate both sides and inject resin back into the damage spot.

Gene

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you can describe in more detail where the bubbles are and how big an area the cover and post some photos you may get better answers as to how to fix it.

oldave
Explorer
Explorer

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
I would use a good two part epoxy as the "adhesive", not foam.

There is a material called Git Rot that boaters use to repair water damage. I would try that in place of foam.

You also need to find the water leak that caused the damage.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
jdc1 wrote:
Park next to a tree, houase or block wall. Drill 1/4" hole through the filon (not the plywood). Spray some minimal expanding foam in the hole. Cover the affected area with plywood. Place a few 1X2 braces from the plywood to the wall, wedging it so the filon flattens out. Remove the wood the next day. Caulk the hole.

Ummm...expanding foam is likely to lift an even larger section as it expands with no place to go.

As others have said, there is no good solution.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Trouble and difficult to fix on newer RVs. Sell, take a loss on this “investment” and buy another RV after a complete inspection.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Put a for sale sign on it. Take the first offer you receive.

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
No fix for delamination -- Water leak is the cause -- There`s a luan backing for the fiberglass siding --Water causes the luan to seperate & it will not hold any kind of adhesive -- If you try any of them,you`re probably gonna create more problems than you have now --

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
rgatijnet1 wrote:
The bubbles he is talking about MAY be in an RV with aluminum side walls in which case they will be paint bubbles that must be removed, filled, and repainted. Most of these bubbles include corrosion through the aluminum skin, water behind the skin, and the repair can get pretty involved.

From another post it's a 96 coachman. That wouldn't have aluminum sidewalls. I assume it's delamination. No real good fix for that. Aside from the sidewall, it's likely there is water damage in the wall as well.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS