cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brake controlers,Roadmaster vs.Patriot

moodier
Explorer
Explorer
My old APOLLO controler is dead.Have a MH with the Roadmaster 9100 installed and the previous owner gave me everything off his Honda car in a box!The Alternative is to trade my old Apollo to Blue Ox toward a new Patriot one they now sell or have the local RV shop attempt to install the auto parts from the Honda on my HHR Chev.ANy thoughts sounds like may be a problem with the different parts from the HOnda not sure how much would have to buy if Honda parts won't work on mine?Sounds like the Patriot is according to Blue Ox big improvement over my old Apollo but now sure if better than the roadmaster but does have the benefit of being able to easily move between vehicles but I don't change vehicles very often!
3 REPLIES 3

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer I moved to a Patriot system (so I can easily move between vehicles) and I don't know where the idea that it is "wireless" and therefore will fail comes from:?

In reality it is not wireless - the main device is installed same as similar systems and uses inertia to activate the brake and a break away system is included.

The only wireless part is the monitor/manual controller and it has worked flawlessly so far. It does not need this wireless link to work, but it does let you adjust the degree of braking from your dash. I just set mine and forget about it. If there is a problem the monitor gives you an error message so you could pull over and check if required (hasn't happened to me yet).

If it fails because it is wireless I guess everything we own is going to fail! Totally false.:R

Any system can fail if not properly installed/maintained.

Chris
2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ
2018 Ford Edge SEL- Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar/Blue Ox Base plate/Patriot Brake System
Retired Canadian Army WO (1971-2000)

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
I have not used either one, but something wireless, such as the Patriot, will fail, go with hard wired and order the correct setup for your Chevy.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

Macktee
Explorer
Explorer
PM me as I may know of something available in your area. Macktee
04 Monaco Dynasty Diamond 1V ( Homer II)
2012 Ram 1500 4X4 Quad Cab towed
2013 Cargo Mate 28ft enclosed car hauler
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
2010 Club Car Golf Car