cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

blowing 15 amp fuse on Aux circuit

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone, I have a 2016 Forest Forester 3011DS the fuse panel next to the entry step has an 15 amp AUX circuit the fuse had blown and everytime I install a new one it pops right away telling that i poss have a dead short. I know that the radio in the dash and the outside tv are on the circuit but I am not sure what else is on it. I can't find any information for it as to what is all on that circuit. I was hoping someone knew or has had this problem with this circuit. I have discounted both the radio,TV and the Sub Woofer and stills blows the fuse. Any help or a diagram for the circuit would be great, Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
mpoulsen wrote:
Thanks for all the reply, it doesn't have electric steps

Verify items :
Do u have an automatic entrance light activated by the screen door ? Check the light wires and switch.

Outside awning light/porch light ?

Being the outside tv is on this circuit also check the antenna booster and 12v socket.

Overhead light/fan above stove.

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the reply, it doesn't have electric steps

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
CA Traveler wrote:
Replace the fuse with a temporary light bulb. When you then isolate the problem the bulb will go out. Or use a buzzer for a audio indication. This saves a lot of hassle replacing fuses.

And don't overlook the obvious like the steps etc.

There was a switch on the floor/right side when you first stepped into my Cambria. That switch told the steps to extend /retract depending on what position the door was in. It took me a while to figure out that issue. Well, when I pulled away from the curb and the steps were scraping the curb was when I first learned I had an issue. The pin was bent and my guess was from vacuuming.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Replace the fuse with a temporary light bulb. When you then isolate the problem the bulb will go out. Or use a buzzer for a audio indication. This saves a lot of hassle replacing fuses.

And don't overlook the obvious like the steps etc.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
When your fuse blows you should be able to start turning on all your various 12v electrical items. Those that donโ€™t work i.e. โ€˜outside tvโ€™ or whatever else doesnโ€™t work, you will then know what is on that circuit.

You probably have a short in one of those items , causing the fuse to blow right away.

Isolate each piece on the circuit. Disconnect them one at a time and then try a new fuse to see if it blows right away .