cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best RV Roof

donnyB7
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of selling my Class A motor home. Along came hurricane Irma and tore some of my fiberglass roof off. I am working with my insurance company to have it repaired. A friend told me of a company called RV-Armor. They will repair my roof and have a lifetime guarantee, and do the work at my location. I will never have to do anything on my roof again.
Questions:
1) Since I am selling, does this make sense? Maybe a good selling point?
2) Are there any other companies that compete with RV-Armor?

BTW - I called them and was quoted between $5000 to $7000 to do the repair.
7 REPLIES 7

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Pauljdav wrote:
Since you are selling I recommend installing what was on the rv to start with. Likely it will be easier to work with your insurance that way.
I would agree - since it's insurance go to a factory fix. A lot of 5er owners go to RV Armor roofs, which is about the same as a spray on bedliner, because their rubber roofs fail within a few years and warranty gives them grief, or they tear them. Of those I know that got them, they are happy with the results.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
blazenpm wrote:
Donny, My Bounder has a seamless stainless steel roof. To my knowledge never had a roof leak. I am currently looking to replace mine with another Class A with slides. Mine has no slides. It is fully restored. Pvt. message me if you would like more information regarding the roof etc.
Ken

what year is your Bounder? my 94? and all "lesser" fleetwoods at the time had rubber roofs.
bumpy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Pauljdav wrote:
Since you are selling I recommend installing what was on the rv to start with. Likely it will be easier to work with your insurance that way.

x2 con't cobble some magic stuff on there if you want to sell it.
bumpy

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Only 2 roofs for me. Single sheet aluminum or stainless but aluminum is much cheaper.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Pauljdav
Explorer
Explorer

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know their name, and have not used them, but I think there is a place to does RV roofs in NE Florida for much less. (maybe around Jacksonville)

blazenpm
Explorer
Explorer
Donny, My Bounder has a seamless stainless steel roof. To my knowledge never had a roof leak. I am currently looking to replace mine with another Class A with slides. Mine has no slides. It is fully restored. Pvt. message me if you would like more information regarding the roof etc.
Ken