cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best place to sell class A motorhome

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you recommend to list an RV for sale ?
21 REPLIES 21

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Do you want to SELL it or do you want someone else to sell it. If you want to actually take the time to sell your RV, Craigslist works great, as long as you know how to sort the tire-kickers from the buyers. I've sold two RV's on Craigslist and never had any hassle at all. I got several email inquires but it was easy to sort out the ones that showed promise. I sold both of mine for well above NADA and both sold at my full asking price. Just make sure that you list everything the coach has, and all of the extras that go with it. Include a lot of pictures. Tell why you bought the coach and why you are selling it. Produce all of your records and manuals. I added an extra $3000 to the sales price and allowed the new buyer to pick the brand of tires that he wanted and I had them installed and balanced. I did this because the question I was asked most often was about the tire age. I also payed for the new buyer to spend two nights at a local RV park to learn all of the systems. Naturally these were all done after the sale was completed but they showed that I had confidence in my RV and was willing to back it up. Again, I got full asking price which was well above NADA. It's your choice. You can keep reducing the price until you give it away, which is what a lot of people do, or you can put up with a few tire kickers and save yourself thousands. Your choice.
Thank you. That was a lot of helpful information.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do you want to SELL it or do you want someone else to sell it. If you want to actually take the time to sell your RV, Craigslist works great, as long as you know how to sort the tire-kickers from the buyers. I've sold two RV's on Craigslist and never had any hassle at all. I got several email inquires but it was easy to sort out the ones that showed promise. I sold both of mine for well above NADA and both sold at my full asking price. Just make sure that you list everything the coach has, and all of the extras that go with it. Include a lot of pictures. Tell why you bought the coach and why you are selling it. Produce all of your records and manuals. I added an extra $3000 to the sales price and allowed the new buyer to pick the brand of tires that he wanted and I had them installed and balanced. I did this because the question I was asked most often was about the tire age. I also payed for the new buyer to spend two nights at a local RV park to learn all of the systems. Naturally these were all done after the sale was completed but they showed that I had confidence in my RV and was willing to back it up. Again, I got full asking price which was well above NADA. It's your choice. You can keep reducing the price until you give it away, which is what a lot of people do, or you can put up with a few tire kickers and save yourself thousands. Your choice.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
RVTRADER
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV Trader, Craigslist (pita), Offer Up, NextDoor Marketplace. Consignment lot.

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist -- Only cost $5.00 to list -- Need to list bunches of pictures & priced to sell -- Bill Willard

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
To me 'no activity' means it's priced too high. Just like with brick & mortar homes, EVERY home is sellable -- it just has to be priced right. There is no such thing as an unsellable home, and the same holds true for RV's. Start systematically lowering your price. You'll find the market when you hit the sweet spot, and it will sell.

We have already lowered the price twice and we are significantly lower than comparable units. I really need advice on where to list.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
To me 'no activity' means it's priced too high. Just like with brick & mortar homes, EVERY home is sellable -- it just has to be priced right. There is no such thing as an unsellable home, and the same holds true for RV's. Start systematically lowering your price. You'll find the market when you hit the sweet spot, and it will sell.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress