cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place in Wichita Kansas Area for E450 alignment

TiogaKelly
Explorer
Explorer
I am truly amazed how hard it is to find a place to take my 2005 Tioga 23E Class C with a Ford E450 chassis to have its front end aligned. And I have lost confidence in our local Ford dealership (unfortunately). I started with a local Discount Tire center that I use, they sent me to Wichita Spring and Axle, saying they do everything....well, except for motorhomes apparently....I call the local RV dealership and they say our local Ford dealership....I call several front end alignment places and due to the height (10' 9"), they all resign from doing the job.

If anyone knows a GREAT place to get my little RV's front end aligned, Anywhere within 300 miles radius of Wichita Kansas, I would appreciate the info. Preferably somewhere you've used and received great service.

Thanks in advance
Kelly
6 REPLIES 6

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Good to hear! Sounds like you found the right place!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

TiogaKelly
Explorer
Explorer
Well, instead of believing my first phone call to Wichita Spring and Axle, I stopped by there this morning. They do work on E450 Motorhomes! Their front-end guy was very knowledgeable about the E450, as he does all the Wichita City E450's and the County's E450 ambulances and EMS vehicles. Price was $74 to $130, depending on how bad out of alignment it is. And he will install all 4 of my Bilstein Shocks that I ordered online for $30 each. When I asked about the shocks, he said those Bilstein's are 50 times better than the Monroe GasMagnum that the front office carries there. I'm replacing the front tires just prior to taking the RV to them....Hopefully when I'm thru it'll drive like when I first bought the RV four years ago, which is GREAT...I'm pretty sure ALL the shocks and steering damper shock are factory originals, and 16 years old.....previous owner put new tires all around in January 2016...I'm replacing the front tires now, will go on our winter snowbird trip to Florida this Jan 1,2022....then back home in March...then in the spring I will replace the 4 rear tires, before our 3 month summer travels...all treads are pretty good considering I've put on 33,000 miles on the RV since we've owned it. but it's TIME for new ones due to age (6 years old now) but my RV is stored inside, so no sun exposure while stored!

I will report back with driving results after the new tires, shocks, damper, and front end alignment!

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't mind driving to KC MO, go too Midway Ford. They work on big trucks and have been taking my Class C motorhomes there for years, they do great work never had a complaint with them, reasonable prices. They are located right by Worlds of Fun.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
You want a truck shop. One that Google found is Atlas Spring and Axle, 4500 W Irving St. I have no experience with them personally, since I'm many hundreds of miles away, but it seems like the kind of place that quite possibly could do a great job. At the least, they will work on motorhomes per their web site, and have been around for quite some time so presumably provide good enough service for people to come back to them.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
RVservicereviews.com has been a good resource. We had a similar issue in Chicago (if you can believe that) - ended up as a highly-recommended truck alignment shop and they did a great job. Want to drive over?
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

TiogaKelly
Explorer
Explorer
one more thing....after much reading on the forum, I've taken notes on the preferred setting of the front end alignment for the E-450 chassis.

Below is what I think I've gleaned from all the information:

Caster is key to good tracking, set to high positive end, no 0 or negative.
+5 Left, +5.5 Right
Camber should be "0" but never Negative
Toe In should be "0" to a 1/8" Toe In

Any thing I missed or I'm incoreect, please feel free to educate me more!

Thanks
Kelly