cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup campers on Sunova 33c not working

bfacklam
Explorer
Explorer
Last month I hit a deer that suddenly moved onto the road just as I started to go down a steep hill. Unfortunately it hit the front right side on my Sunova 33c and it killed it. The fiber glass damage is minor and can be readily repaired. My problem is that when my lights are on, the backup camera no longer shows my toad, but it shows the view as if my right turn signal is on. When I turn off the lights, all three views show correctly on my backup camera. (Left side of RV when turn signal goes left. Toad when turn signals not on, and Right side of RV when turn signal goes right). I crawled under the RV and do not see any damage to any wires from the accident. I also disconnected the battery to see if maybe the system would reset. Unfortunately, the problem remains. Any ideas where to turn next. In the daytime when its light outside, every thing works perfect, but when I turn on the lights, the problem reoccurs, and my view is just of the right side of the RV. Throw out any ideas if you have them. I thought wiring, but it all seems to be correct. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

bfacklam
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of the advice. Now that we have more time, I tried changing bulbs, and that was the problem. Two of you were correct on checking the bulbs. Now my rear view camera works as its supposed to. Another good reason the use the RV.net forum. Thanks again

bfacklam
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for these two ideas. Hopefully one of them will work.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Try changing your right turn signal/marker bulb. It could have gotten shorted internally when you hit the deer.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
It sounds like the lights being on are acting like the right side turn signal is on. So possible short or related problem. Or maybe the left light signal is not reaching the camera hence it defaults to a right turn. Do all lights and turn signals work as they should? The camera wiring diagram should help isolate what signals it needs to operate.

A voltmeter is a handy tool for trouble shooting.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob