cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning retracting

casey1
Explorer
Explorer
When I run my generator on auto start the awning will retract when it stops . Any ideas this just started on our last trip.
9 REPLIES 9

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
My house battery's are bad and it does weird things also looking at Ruel king for battery they look to have the best price.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

casey1
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
casey1 wrote:
Fleetwood providence 08 with wind sensor

What kind of radio do I have in my car-------2008 Chevy with XM radio. So, what brand/model radio do I have? Kind of hard to get help with lack of info. I requested Brand and Model of Awning also. There is NO standard awning on RV's. You can have a Girard/Dometic/Carefree from your year model. Doug

casey1
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood providence 08 with wind sensor

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m guessing your house batteries are bad. Low voltage, especially in the 12V system does strange things! Ask anyone with a newer car what happens when batteries get weak?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You need to state what year of RV. Also, brand and model of Awning. In the last 10 years MOST Awnings do not have Wind Sensors. They have MOTION Sensors instead. If you have a Wind Speed adjustment, then you do have a Wind Sensor. Also, Is your Awning 120 volt or 12 volts? When your Genset Stops, it causes a momentary interruption of both the 12 volt system and the 120 system. That may cause the awning system to trip and default to retract. Doug

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
does the awning retract when you shut down the generator if you manually shut down the generator without using the auto start?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

casey1
Explorer
Explorer
Not really, and the wind sensor is switched off.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does the unit shake a good bit when the generator shuts down? If it does and you have an awning the automatically goes in when it senses wind, it may be interpreting the shaking as wind.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500