cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning issue

RWGAREY
Explorer
Explorer
OK.... My wife and I are brand new to the RV world, but have camped in tents all over the USA. I can still feel the rocks in my back!!

We have purchased a 2009 Majestic 19foot Class C motorhome (Ford F-350)...used, with 180000 miles on it. My wife and I would like to put an awning on it, but so far I have been unable to find one that fits this size RV. However, I am not sure if I am looking at the correct products online that might fit our RV. Please let me know if there is an awning company that makes one for this RV. I have been told that there are not any.
Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Be careful of how you mount it. There's blocking installed to support an awning from the factory. Sometimes there's a sticker to indicate where this is.
You can't just run screws into luan paneling alone.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
The awning arms need to install in a vertical spot in order to clear a window or door .
If u have a slider window, i would try to have the awning cover the screened portion to limit light rain from entering the rv.

Scroll here to see the awning pic.
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2013-Thor+Motor+Coach-Majestic+19G-5027942920

If u choose to buy an electric awning , you will be dealing with a motor, switch, fuse and wiring which can all fail. Learn how to by- pass or repair such so u don't get stuck with a deployed awning when trying to vacate a campsite.

Many elec awnings can be cranked back in using a hand drill and appropriate sized socket in the event of a motor failure.
If this seems too involved u can opt for a mechanical pull out awning minus those elec parts.
12v motors that are used in rvโ€™s are usually not the best quality motors. You just need to know how to remedy a situation because itโ€™s a tad difficult to drive with your awning out. :B

Itโ€™s common sense to retract the awning when you leave the rv for an extended period of time to go hiking or whatever. Storms with strong winds can appear fast with little warning, ripping off of the rv and causing expensive filon damage as well as trashing the awning.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Agreed on the above Carefree of Colorado has awnings for motorhomes between 8ft to 24 ft (Fiesta line) I would reach out to Carefree via phone or website and see what they can do for you.

(800) 621-2617

Carefree
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would call Carefree of Colorado.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax