cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there good used DP's under $40,000?

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
I searched the topic a number of ways and came up empty. Sorry if this has been beaten to death.
Obviously care and maintenance are paramount..but in general..are there good DP's in the 2000 to let's say 2006 range that can be had for less than $40,000..ideally $35,000 to leave room for what it's bound to need?
20 REPLIES 20

FChenn
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a member of Facebook, go into their Market Place. I bought a 2000 Monoco there in May with only 24000 miles new tires and canvas remodeled interior for 14K I had to finish the remodel but it is a great unit

thelazyl
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up a 2003 Bounder DP for $39k 3 years ago. It's been bullet proof so far. The only repair was a $5 reed switch for the steps.

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
WAFlowers wrote:
The best time to shop for a used RV up North is in the Fall/Winter; people don't want to pay for storage all Winter if they are planning to get rid of them. In Florida starting at the end of Snowbird season in April is best. Good luck!

And I'll be around Florida then!

WAFlowers
Explorer
Explorer
The best time to shop for a used RV up North is in the Fall/Winter; people don't want to pay for storage all Winter if they are planning to get rid of them. In Florida starting at the end of Snowbird season in April is best. Good luck!
Bill and Willemina Flowers
George, Sammy and Teddy (the dogpack)
2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2005 Keystone Monata 3400rl (5/21/11 to 9/9/17)
(Was in a 2000 Coachmen Catalina Sport 220RK)

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
I've been away - just caught up on replies. Thanks to all!
We're going to hold off till next year. After speaking with friends and family back east it doesn't look like a good idea for them or us to be visiting.
Hopefully Spring once The Plague is under control.
I'll be shopping this winter and all good advice will be put to use!

JNW57
Explorer
Explorer
Peter, I have sent you a PM.
2003 DISCOVERY 39L QUAD SLIDE
2014 HONDA CRV EX-L FWD
BLUE OX ALADDIN, M&G AIR BRAKE, KAR GUARD

Mommalu
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 2007. It was stored indoors, however it apparently sat on a dirt floor, much corrosion underneath that we could not see and not mentioned in the inspection report. That added $5600 for a new rust free exhaust manifold and removing corrosion from all wires needed to run the coach, from engine, levelers, steps, generator, etc.
We are very happy with this motorhome, but as with anything of age its become a project bringing it up to date with LED's, new seats, sinks, refrigerator, A/C's etc. However it is a diesel, has that quiet smooth ride, carrying capacity and length we could never get from a gas A.
Best of luck finding that gently used well maintained DP.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Smart shopping and knowing what to look for will get you what you want! There out there. You just have to weed through all the junk!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Bruce_Brown
The trip is half the fun!
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
Not mine, looks like something the OP might be looking for;

Click for DP

Thanks! I'd certainly consider a Winnebago Of this ilk. This one is a loong way away though.

Bruce_Brown
Not mine, looks like something the OP might be looking for;

Click for DP
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
folivier wrote:
Look at the Foretravels available at www.motorhomesoftexas.com

Well they have one unit at $40,000 a Tiffin Phaeton which does look nice.

WAFlowers
Explorer
Explorer
My brother bought a 2004 Tiffin Allegro Bus for $40K last Fall. He put another $10K into new tires, a few repairs (HWH level controller, all filters, all fluids changed, generator repair), a lot of upgrades (new TVs, antenna, curtains, bedding, mattress, various technical bits) and he has what looks and drives like a new RV. It is good for many, many years, many miles and many smiles.
Bill and Willemina Flowers
George, Sammy and Teddy (the dogpack)
2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2005 Keystone Monata 3400rl (5/21/11 to 9/9/17)
(Was in a 2000 Coachmen Catalina Sport 220RK)

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Foretravels available at www.motorhomesoftexas.com