cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any good vent covers? (hoods)

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
I had vent covers on our motor home for 10 years, no problems but I don't remember what brand. We put Camco on this one and they didn't last 3 years, one blew off in pieces on the highway a few days ago and when we checked the other it was all cracked and ready to go. We may have had Maxx Air on the diesel. Don't remember.........
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)
8 REPLIES 8

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
My 4 vent covers are original equipment and look like brand new.....I have MaxxAir covers over all of them. :C

I especially like my MaxxAir Turbo Fan over the roof vent up front that has a fan that is "(outside)" the coach. 'Real' Quite and real powerful.

Turn the fan on exhaust close all your windows and open just the back roof vent and you have a tornado of fresh air thru your coach!!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
With MaxxAir II covers are designed for easy cleaning. Just pull out a couple clips on one side. You can then flip the cover up for easy cleaning. The original cover requires tools.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would suggest getting the Polycarbonate vent lids they last a lot longer.

Also something like the Maxxair covers,they will make your vent lids last longer.

The covers are constructed of high density polyethylene with maximum UV inhibitors for years of worry-free protection,unlike the others on the market today.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
We have used the Ultra Breeze covers and have good results. Something that may be of interest is this YouTube Clip that demonstrates how some covers may not allow maximum air flow. Something to keep in mind if this could be an issue.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Are you talking lids or covers?
Formulas have changed for both making them more suspectable to sun damage.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
These were Camco hoods, I suspect the ones on our diesel were Maxx air .
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
I have always used MaxxAir vent covers. Ones on my current RV are now 8 years old. still look new!
2010 Suncruiser

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
One cure for vent covers is to put the optional vent hoods over them. You can leave the vents open without them rattling around while in motion.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker