cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Started to look into some water damage in the kitchen of our 83 Pace Arrow. The more I looked, the more I found. I have some pics of the damage so far. Anyone interested in following a rebuild thread?
If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.
8,452 REPLIES 8,452

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
aro_sie wrote:
Good to hear it full! We had an abrupt change in weather this week. We went from abnormally warm (80s) to freezingly cold. We had temps below freezing last night. It surely is a shock to the system! I guess from seeing the weather on tv, it happened to most of the east coast. I hope everyone got their "castles" winterized!

Pretty much the same here in central Pa. 80 this past Sat, and tonight is mid 20's with high in the 50's tomorrow.

aro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear it full! We had an abrupt change in weather this week. We went from abnormally warm (80s) to freezingly cold. We had temps below freezing last night. It surely is a shock to the system! I guess from seeing the weather on tv, it happened to most of the east coast. I hope everyone got their "castles" winterized!

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
aro_sie wrote:
Sundancer, how nice to see that you are a follower of this thread! There seem to be quite a few of us. I hope we can keep this thread alive until full gets back on his horse. BTW full, how are you doing? I hope you are well and that new grand baby as well?

Doing ok, and the grand baby is doing great. As with all youngsters, she is a bundle of energy.

aro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Sundancer, how nice to see that you are a follower of this thread! There seem to be quite a few of us. I hope we can keep this thread alive until full gets back on his horse. BTW full, how are you doing? I hope you are well and that new grand baby as well?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the posts. I keep a window open with rv.net up 24/7. I don't look at it daily, and sometimes not even weekly, but it's always there.

Periodically I'll check in and when I see a new post, I'll check in to look at it, and reply.

Looking forward to getting back out there and getting more work completed.

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
glad to see you are alive and well.

kathy31
Explorer
Explorer
Fulltimin, Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

aro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to see you are still dedicated to the cause fulltimin. It sure was interesting to see all the comments by followers. I for one am very glad you are still around and intend to complete your project.

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully it is not a painful family issue, if it was me, I would have needed a break a long time ago. I need to install the Snow Blower on my tractor this week and I dread it, what use to take me a couple of hours now takes two days removing the front end loader, greasing everything and installing the Mid PTO Shaft, front mount and then the blower. After that, I think I will be ready for the season.Having followed this thread since it started, I would have taken several breaks. Took me over three years to do a frame off restoration of my 75 Scout II only to have it wrecked by an idiot driving a Ford Exploder on the snow, hit the lady in front of him and spun out and crossed four lanes to destroy my baby. Just because he had four wheel drive, he must have thought he was invincible. Must have not realized we have had four wheel brakes on cars & Trucks since the 30's. Anyways, glad to hear you are still around and still planning to finish. If it was me, I would be waiting until this upcoming spring to get back at it.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
The project has not come to an end. It has been temporarily delayed. Totally disgusted with myself for not having been able to get out there an get anything done, but the goal has not changed.

Hopefully, that will change shortly.

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Always looked like a lot of postings and very little progress on the project. Whatever one likes.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Unfortunately this is what happens with these kinds of builds. Too much time taking pictures and posting things being glued together or a pic of a hammer when that time could be spent getting it done!

It was good while it lasted though!

Okay so who didn't see this coming 743 pages ago?
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Criticism kills most topics.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately this is what happens with these kinds of builds. Too much time taking pictures and posting things being glued together or a pic of a hammer when that time could be spent getting it done!

It was good while it lasted though!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
aro_sie wrote:
FloridaRosebud, it looks like it may have ended. Kinda disappointed. I thought we had a real thread here that would gather a group of people together.

Looks that way....:+(

Al