cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alfa See Ya

bluepensacola
Explorer
Explorer
I maybe in the wrong area since Iam not very good with computers. It's all about the bad things that went wrong with my Alfa See Ya. It's not worth a 1.4 of what I paid for it. Start with the sewer problems, slide issues and the big one,,,,, BLISTERING. There is so much blistering that all of the jel coat panels would need to be replaced. I suggest removing the body and sell the Freightliner chassic and 350 cat engin. If I could get 1.4 of what I paid for the unit I would live out the rest of my life going to motels. Build number 73807.
7 REPLIES 7

Bruce_Brown
dougrainer wrote:
Sorry you found out the hard way. Alfa was once the number 1 Diesel motorhome builder in the mid 2000's. But, due to poor construction and other design and quality issues went out of business after a few years. They are NOT a Motorhome for people that cannot repair their own Motorhome. Doug

Well said, sadly for the OP.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Can't speak for the OP, but I do recall having a used Alfa pitched quite aggressively by a salesman in Arizona. This after the delamination issues had become well known. But it was all about "the high ceilings and lovely interior finishes" to try to unload a pig-in-a-poke rig.
A buyer who does not have the wherewithal to do his own research is easily influenced in the process of being an RV.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
bluepensacola wrote:
I maybe in the wrong area since Iam not very good with computers. It's all about the bad things that went wrong with my Alfa See Ya. It's not worth a 1.4 of what I paid for it. Start with the sewer problems, slide issues and the big one,,,,, BLISTERING. There is so much blistering that all of the jel coat panels would need to be replaced. I suggest removing the body and sell the Freightliner chassic and 350 cat engin. If I could get 1.4 of what I paid for the unit I would live out the rest of my life going to motels. Build number 73807.

Was there a question in there somewhere? Are you just venting about an RV that has been out of production for many, many years? There are Alfa forums out there if you are looking for help but if you are just looking for someone to pay you 1/4 of what you paid you might be out of luck.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
bluepensacola,

Welcome to the Forums!

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're having with your motorhome. Could you tell us a bit more about your rig? Model, year, etc.

How old is it? Did you buy it new?

I know there were a lot of rigs with full-body paint, especially dark colors exposed to the sun, in which the paint is cracking. I believe it is actually due to a defect in the fiberglas and effected a variety of manufacturers. I can see it in our GBM in the dark brown paint which normally faces the sun. Not much I can do, and at this point, it's a 17 year old motorhome. We intend to just keep on enjoying it as much as we can.

In our case, what DOES bother me a bit more is the Diamond Shield cover over the front of the RV. It looks really bad, so one of these days (well...several "one of the days") I'll probably remove it.

I know Doug has seen and worked on more motorhomes then most people alive, so I always value his input.

If you would mind sharing some other issues you have with the rig, maybe some of us can help you get excited about your rig again.

Or are you just disgusted and done with RV'ing?

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like it isn't feasibly repairable by anyone, since the outside is coming apart.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Sorry you found out the hard way. Alfa was once the number 1 Diesel motorhome builder in the mid 2000's. But, due to poor construction and other design and quality issues went out of business after a few years. They are NOT a Motorhome for people that cannot repair their own Motorhome. Doug

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nobody has slept in my TTโ€™s bed but us. Thousands have slept in that motelโ€™s bed before you will.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad