cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air bed issue

tennisgal33
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 42' Itasca Meridian. Putting the bedroom slide in requires the air bed to be inclined. We've had numerous issues getting the bed to fill after travel. I'm wondering if there is a bed other than the IDEAL air bed that we could use? Obviously it would have to incline for travel.
4 REPLIES 4

glen68
Explorer
Explorer
We have the same bed in our Adventurer. The air problems are more than likely caused by a faulty air pump. We had to replace ours and no more air problems. There are memory foam mattresses that are made for reclining beds. We have one in our house and when we sell the house we are going to replace the air mattress with the memory foam from the house.
2015 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2011 Honda CRV

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoyB wrote:
We have used those portable twin beds with air mattress insert for tent camping for several years. We always had the air pressure problem during the night making us end up laying in a deep depression in the bed by morning haha...

If we aired up during the night then then day time pressure was really scary high...

Then the foam mattresses came on the scene which had different problem one being when it gets cold the hard the get... One of those pillows would be totally frozen up haha... Hard as a brick...

I move the foam mattress topper from the trailer to house here over the winter months when stored just for that reason...

Roy Ken

Most of them today have autofill where it will put more air in before you sink to the middle. Not entirely sure how well they work though.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have used those portable twin beds with air mattress insert for tent camping for several years. We always had the air pressure problem during the night making us end up laying in a deep depression in the bed by morning haha...

If we aired up during the night then then day time pressure was really scary high...

Then the foam mattresses came on the scene which had different problem one being when it gets cold the hard the get... One of those pillows would be totally frozen up haha... Hard as a brick...

I move the foam mattress topper from the trailer to house here over the winter months when stored just for that reason...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a Select Comfort in our trailer for about 12 years now and no real problems. When you go from lower to higher altitude, the pressure in the bed will increase, but not enough to burst it. The only caveat is that we sleep on a pretty soft bed. If you sleep on a hard mattress, you might have to worry about bursting it. You do have to readjust the pressure each night when travelling as your altitude will be different in most cases.