cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional seatbelts

hoosiermark
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone added additional seatbelts to their unit? I have been looking at a Hymer Sunlight or used similar Travato and would like to have seatbelts added. I am thinking that it would let me use the unit more often. I know I would need to have a welder reinforce the floor areas for seat belt connections and be creative with strap placement. There is no reason to put the seatbelts in if they are not going to serve their intended purpose. I know the larger coaches have seatbelts on couches and dinettes. So has anyone done something similar in their class B.We do not like the rear couch that makes into one big bed where they come with belts or this would be simple.
I am thinking this type of vehicle would make an acceptable 2 -3 couple transporter for 1-2 hour trips around home. I realize that the seats may not be that comfortable for a long ride but for a short ride it could make for a nice transportation vehicle.
1 REPLY 1

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
You might be able to have someone add a strip of "E-track"; and then add belts snapped into that when needed?

I converted a bare Transit cargo van. My design has the benches facing each other along the back, and I added aftermarket seatbelts by attaching them to the existing cargo tiedown points using chain-repair links. But having seen the insides of a bare-bones van, there are TONS of reinforced points that can be utilized - you just need to know where they are.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!