cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Roadtrek Zion

somertime
Explorer
Explorer
We found just the camper van we want but worried about the year of it. It’s a 2019 Roadtrek Zion. That is when it closed and then bought out by a different company. I understand the new company had to finish making the van that year and had possible electric problems. Should we keep looking or are we ok to buy this 2019 camper van?
Thank you for any help here.
6 REPLIES 6

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
somertime wrote:
We found just the camper van we want but worried about the year of it. It’s a 2019 Roadtrek Zion. That is when it closed and then bought out by a different company. I understand the new company had to finish making the van that year and had possible electric problems. Should we keep looking or are we ok to buy this 2019 camper van?
Thank you for any help here.

I owned a 2019 Simplicity on a 2018 Promaster and Hymer bankrupted the company less than 5 months after I bought. I only had one warranty issue and it was taken care of by the supplier of the part and the labor was covered by Rapido - the new buyers good will short term limited warranty for those of us who lost our original coverage. So... I lost nothing.

The main reason I had no issues was that I had the simple traditional systems... suburban hot water heater... and AGM batteries. Your first question is which electrical system does it have? It could have either a large AGM (Northstar 182 ah) or the so called Eco Trek system with lithiums.

The original owner of this 2019 very likely had done the numerous fixes that were needed... may even have replaced the lithium series. Every new series has been a bit better than the previous.

That is what you need to know before purchase... which battery system... and what was done to upgrade if it is lithium.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Former RT owner here.
There were so many issues with this company for several years, that I suggest looking for a different brand. Quality control issues in the electrics seem to have been far too common.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep in mind, a 201 was probably made in late 2018.

somertime
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your thoughts.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
all rv,s have problems. most the bugs should be worked out by now . if you like it? have really checked it out? feels right? buy it.you could even have it inspected if you feel better.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
You're probably OK, but if you haven't done so, you might want to consider adding Pleasure-Way to your short list. When we were looking for B's we found the workmanship and quality of the PW to be much better than the RT. Just a thought.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress