cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Leprechaun converter location

BeaverCamper
Explorer
Explorer

I am looking for the location of my converter (not inverter) on my 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS.

I suspect it is bad but need to know the location to check/replace it.

Thanks!

BeaverCamper (2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260 DS)
3 REPLIES 3

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II

You can test the converter to see if itโ€™s working by disconnecting the all the leads at the battery; then, while being connected to shore power, check the output on the 12V side of the converter.  If no 12V output you should check the 120V input side of the converter. 
No power in means there will be no power out. If you have power in but not out, you likely have a bad converter. If you have power in and out at the converter, you have problem(s) elsewhere.

BeaverCamper
Explorer
Explorer

OK I found it right below the fuse box. So how do I tell if it is working, also is there a fuse for it?

I ask because when plugged into shore power my coach batteries are fully charged during the day with the solar panels and are full when we go to bed at night, however by morning it takes about 4-5 hours of solar charging to get them back up to full charge. Also I dont see the fan on the converter turning at all.

BeaverCamper (2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260 DS)

Most often there is a circuit breaker for the "converter".

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.