cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2018 Forest River Georgetown 5 Series(36B5)

tampaite
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Forest River Georgetown 5 Series(36B5) - Class A motorhome and sleeps 10.

We are looking to rent this RV for a 2-Day/1-night trip.

How are the sleeping cabins configured? Does it fit 10 adults?
8 REPLIES 8

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
tampaite,

I noticed you mentioned "driving 6 hours". Generally speaking, you can't drive a motorhome as fast as a car. However, if you get caught in a traffic jam/construction/delay, you can use that time for potty breaks & meals (have sandwiches, drinks & snacks ready) so you're not wasting that time just sitting in traffic. Then when the traffic clears and everyone else is heading for the next Exit/Rest Stop, you just keep on rolling.

Anyway, my point is, while travelling, we seem to average about 50 miles per hour on highways. I've seen others on here recommend a similar guideline. Travel speed is usually 60-65 mph, but when you include refueling/traffic delays and any other stops (we have pets & I like to get out and stretch every couple of hours), the average drops to just about 50 mph. So, 6 hours on "Google Maps" @ 65 mph tends to be more like 8 hours "on the road". That might be helpful in your planning. You'll probably be looking for fuel after 300-350 miles of travelling, especially if you want to use the generator. (The generator cuts-off on most rigs at about the 1/4 Full mark on the fuel tank.)

Let us know what you finally decide upon for a solution and how things went.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
How about the Class A and a pop-up or trailer. Tow it behind the Class A and get a site next to yours at the park. Most pop-ups or trailers will hold 4 adults.

tampaite
Explorer
Explorer
Rick Jay wrote:

Are the 10 of you friendly? ๐Ÿ™‚

The 36B5 floorplan I just looked at on line has a King Bed in it. That should be good for 3 adults anyway, 4 if you're just going to sleep! LOL

So, 3 there, 1 in each bunk (total =5); 1 on dinette, 1 on sofa (not converted to bed, if it does) (total =7), 3 in sleeping bags on the floor IF you can put out the main slide. If you'll be overnighting at a rest stop or parking lot, you might not be able to put out the slide. IF it has the optional bunk over the front as currently shown on the FR website, you can put one, possibly 2 people up there. You'll probably be limited by weight there.

This is all assuming average size people. If you have a lot of 6+ footers, or 200+ pounders, then it'll be pretty tight.

A bigger concern of mine would be, are there seatbelts available for 10 people?

I'm pretty sure with 10 adults in that sucker you'll be over the 22,000 lb. GVWR with full water and fuels. But it's just for 2 days, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Doable? Possibly. We had 9 sleep in our rig a few times

Thanks Rick.

Great suggestion on the seat belts which is a safety issue that didn't cross my mind, have to check on that.

My Plan is to drive 6 hrs to state park and then stay there overnight and then return the next day after driving another 6 hrs.

Now, for 6 hours while driving can we all be friendly? to be seen ๐Ÿ™‚

State park has showers/restroom etc so would have no issues with bathroom aspect at least, that's what am thinking.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK, I'll take a stab at this.

Are the 10 of you friendly? ๐Ÿ™‚

The 36B5 floorplan I just looked at on line has a King Bed in it. That should be good for 3 adults anyway, 4 if you're just going to sleep! LOL

So, 3 there, 1 in each bunk (total =5); 1 on dinette, 1 on sofa (not converted to bed, if it does) (total =7), 3 in sleeping bags on the floor IF you can put out the main slide. If you'll be overnighting at a rest stop or parking lot, you might not be able to put out the slide. IF it has the optional bunk over the front as currently shown on the FR website, you can put one, possibly 2 people up there. You'll probably be limited by weight there.

This is all assuming average size people. If you have a lot of 6+ footers, or 200+ pounders, then it'll be pretty tight.

A bigger concern of mine would be, are there seatbelts available for 10 people? If it was your rig, you could add them yourself. Depending upon the state laws, it may or may not be required for all passengers. BUT, personally, regardless of the laws, I think they are a good idea and should be used. Our rig has 12 belted positions, plus I added belts across the rear bed to keep the kids secure while sleeping (when they were younger) when we travelled at night/early morning. Ahhhh...the good old days when we could fit all four kids in a queen size bed. ๐Ÿ™‚

You're only renting, so probably not a concern of yours, but on a 22,000 lbs. chassis and a bath & a half floorplan, I'm pretty sure with 10 adults in that sucker you'll be over the 22,000 lb. GVWR with full water and fuels. But it's just for 2 days, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Doable? Possibly. We had 9 sleep in our rig a few times, but that was 4 adults, 5 kids and a 90 lb. golden retriever. But we were all family...and it was just for one night at a time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, and you're going to need a "ticket system" for the bathroom in the morning! LOL Although if you're at a rest stop that has facilities, that makes it a LOT easier.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

tampaite
Explorer
Explorer
blazenpm wrote:
I have a 2013 Georgetown 36ft. I would say you might be able to sleep 4 adults and 2 children.

Do you have the hide away bed(sofa) and dinette that converts to bed? Surprised that 36ft RV doesn't have either.

tampaite
Explorer
Explorer
khager76248 wrote:
From my experience. the dinette is to short for adults, and ours fit one kid. Same with the sofa, and the bunks.

Thanks. That helps.

blazenpm
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Georgetown 36ft. I would say you might be able to sleep 4 adults and 2 children. But no way would you be able to sleep 10 adults unless your stacking people. Haha.

khager76248
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have this motor home, but I just looked at the floor plan, and there is no way that it would sleep 10 adults. It looks like it does have bunks, a dinette, and a sofa. From my experience. the dinette is to short for adults, and ours fit one kid. Same with the sofa, and the bunks.
:)2008 Georgetown 315DS SE:)