Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Sunstar

noonenosthis1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Thinking about moving from a 5er to a motorhome. I really like my 5er but hook up and towing is getting to be a bit much. I will mention that my husband does all the hook up and driving. I'm looking at a 2011 Itasca Sunstar 36D with a Ford V10. I really like that engine. I had one in my Ford Excursion. Anyone had experience with an Itasca Sunstar? Has anyone ever installed an electric fireplace in one?
4 REPLIES 4

noonenosthis1
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
We have a 12 Georgetown. It’s on the same F53 chassis with the same engine and trans. We tow our Explorer which sometimes has 4 bikes on a platform bike rack. 2 of those are E bikes and one is a fat tire bike. The car is just under 5k lbs. it performs very well.
I would highly suggest a tune from 5star. It made a huge difference in my V-10 Excursion and my Class A.

Can’t say as to the quality of the sun star. I think it’s made by Winnebago. If so you may want to check out some of the roof replacement videos from a guy call AZ Expert. He does RV roof repair. Most of his repairs are water damaged and/or sagging Winnebago roofs. Just something to consider.

I don't think that 5Star tune is available or legal in California.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 12 Georgetown. It’s on the same F53 chassis with the same engine and trans. We tow our Explorer which sometimes has 4 bikes on a platform bike rack. 2 of those are E bikes and one is a fat tire bike. The car is just under 5k lbs. it performs very well.
I would highly suggest a tune from 5star. It made a huge difference in my V-10 Excursion and my Class A.

Can’t say as to the quality of the sun star. I think it’s made by Winnebago. If so you may want to check out some of the roof replacement videos from a guy call AZ Expert. He does RV roof repair. Most of his repairs are water damaged and/or sagging Winnebago roofs. Just something to consider.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

noonenosthis1
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
Are you going to pull a car?

I think at some point we will. We have a Dodge Magnum and a Chrysler 300c. I'm not sure those would be good for towing tho.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Are you going to pull a car?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes