cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 Tiffin Allegro Bay Water Heater Check Valve

Mike_NW
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2009 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37 QDB and I need to replace the check valve on the hot water heater. It looks like the only access to this valve would be to remove the water tank from the outside. Just curious if anyone has had to replace this valve and if so this is the method to replace it? It seems like there should be an access panel from underneath or the rear of the tank. Thanks in advance for the help.
5 REPLIES 5

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve called a mobile tech twice. Watched them closely and learned for future repairs. Money well spent.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
It's likely like mine and only accessible from underneath. Do what I did, call a mobile RV service and have them do it.
Cost me about $150 and they replaced both. Yes, mine had 2. One on the inlet, and one on the outlet. Best $150 bucks I ever spent!
2010 Suncruiser

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Most of the original check valves are plastic. You should be able to find one made out of brass.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Mike_NW
Explorer
Explorer
I have not found an access from inside the coach.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What is inside of the rig from water heater? I was able to gain access from a cabinet false floor on my Fleetwood.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker